+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The last box dye I used has been making my hair fall out more than usual and it's been 3 months since I did it. Will be going to the doctors if it doesn't slow down in the next few weeks (I've changed by hair routine recently).

If you can afford it, go to a decent hairdresser that will sit down and talk with you about your concerns. If you're worried about reactions, maybe try a balayage...the colour goes through your lengths, not your roots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gumnut babies View Post
    Thanks Stretched - sadly I'm not nearly clever enough to mix my own dye! If only!
    It's easier than you expect. The shops have swatches so you choose the colour (ready in a tube) then you just weigh equal parts from the tube and from a bottle of hairdressing peroxide. (Eg. 60g tube + 60g peroxide). Then mix until no lumps.

It's easier than making pancakes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! That does sound super easy! I guess I'll have to try it next time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a really bad allergic reaction to hair dye (I guess it's the PPD in it, a notorious ingredient!) so switched to O&M (original and mineral) It's brilliant stuff - long lasting colour with no reactions whatsoever but I think you can only get it done in salons. Worth some research maybe?