+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like exactly what happens here with DD2 & Ds (sane ages as yours too)

My rules are doors stay open - i help this by throwing a bath towel folded in half over the top of the door so it physically wont close just in case.

After a lot of explaining DD2 now realises if she lets him join in he'll likely wander away sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I seem to have the opposite problem. If one kid bring gs a friend over, he doesn't play with him and it's my other son that ends up playing with the friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would keep the non-friend away.

I.e. if it is a playdate for DD I expect to be the one to occupy DS.
    However, I would step in and say that they should use nice words.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow where were all you progressive mums when I was a kid? I had a friend who was my age, she was coming over for a sleepover and her mum rang my mum and basically said if her younger daughter (we were about 10 and she was about 7) couldn't come, my friend couldn't come. Looking back, the older daughter really lacked independence as she was always forced to be with her little sister, never alone!