+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 month old teething?

Is it possible that my 3 month old could be teething? He has all the hallmark symptoms and I can see two big white lumps on his top gums. I was of the understanding it didn't start until later. Could the fact he was born at 42 weeks be a factor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely possible. DS1 had his first tooth through at barely 4 months. It didn't happen overnight and the weeks before he displayed all the usual signs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quite possibly. Some babies are actually born with teeth. It can happen at any time I guess. I don't think the fact that your bub was born at 42 weeks has anything to do with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What are the symptoms he's showing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    What are the symptoms he's showing?
    Suddenly cranky, not sleeping (unless cuddled), drooling, chewing and has a bit of a red butt despite regular nappy changing and copious amounts of sudocream with every change pretty much since birth.

He is usually a really chilled happy baby, he is still giving me the happy love but it's short lived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm a teething sceptic, so I'm obviously a little biased. Lol. I think our little ones are very similar in age and I feel sometimes it's developmental. There could be a number of reasons why bubs us cranky, it may even be related to his tie release, maybe a growth spurt? The drooling and chewing is definitely developmental. Something to do with the salivary glands and it coincides with them wanting to put everything in their mouth as a learning tool. My little one is constantly chewing on toys and fingers at the moment.

Babies usually get their bottom teeth first too but I guess there are exceptions!

Obviously trust your gut as a mum, though. Xx
    Last edited by SookiLala; 17-07-2016 at 21:59.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    It is possible. Especially if you can see them just under the gums. One of my brothers got his first tooth at 3.5 months but I didn't until 6 months. There's a wide range of normal.

If you think he is in pain, you could try giving him some baby panadol and see if it helps. My ds is a terrible teether - even at 2.5 years he wakes multiple times at night, becomes almost permanently attached to the breast (he is still bfing) and drools like crazy.

Sophie the Giraffe is a great teething toy plus there's heaps of other teethers to choose from. Might also be worth a try if you don't have something already and bub can grip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha ok scepticism noted, I guess it could be either teething or development. I noticed the bumps when doing his tie release exercise so it could just be swelling from that, who bloody knows ha ha.

He has his next nurse check soon so I'll get her to have a look and tell me. He is gripping so I'll give him a cold teething ring just in case and get it will be just as good for development. Cover all basis and I can't go wrong. DH did mention to me just before that he accidentally kept him up too long this morning (trying to give me a sleep in) and made him overtired so that could be attributed to today's mega crank, thanks dad but I'm happy to wake up as opposed to dealing with a cranky baby all day long.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 month old teething?

They sound like Epstein Pearls, particularly as he's 3 months and it's on the top gums.
    Dd1 had these early on, had all the signs of teething so I thought they were teeth and I was surprised when they eventually disappeared.

I blamed everything on teething with my first!!! She ended up with her first tooth at 11 months lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes it's definitely possible. My dd woke up at exactly 3 months with bruises on her bottom gums and a few days later her first tooth cut through.