+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Door closed to everyone including the kids! Even as babies I've always kept a baby bouncer or jumperoo type thing in the room closest to the bathroom and during the day I pop baby into it and go to the toilet alone. I guess I'm just not one for sharing lol

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Open door household. It's not like we actively seek each other out to ogle at while pooping 😂

Our bathroom is away from everywhere so you don't accidentally stumble upon it unless you're seeking it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Another bathroom thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    Our toilet is seperate to the bathroom but the kids and DP come in when I'm have a shower to ask me things, leave doors open, I just want to shower in f@cking peace!
    This. Mine are 4 and 6 and I still can't shower in peace!!!

Doors closed for toilets. We have a toilet in the ensuite, but with its own door and I will use it while DH is showering, but the door is always closed!

The other toilet is off the passage so is always shut too. The kids still interrupt, but DH and I leave each other alone unless he's telling me he needs to go to a fire or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    This. Mine are 4 and 6 and I still can't shower in peace!!!

Doors closed for toilets. We have a toilet in the ensuite, but with its own door and I will use it while DH is showering, but the door is always closed!

The other toilet is off the passage so is always shut too. The kids still interrupt, but DH and I leave each other alone unless he's telling me he needs to go to a fire or something.
    My kids are 9 and 11 ***sigh**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Closed door for no. 2 (although we both have done no. 2 with the other in the shower in times of need. Can't see each other) and I close the door if emptying my cup and the kids are around. Happy to wee in front of family, and happy to empty my cup in front of DH. We had a closed/locked door on everything until I gave birth the first time. Then I just figured there was no point hiding a wee. It was nothing in comparison. The cup thing happened after DH asked me to show him how I take it out and put it back in.
    Periods and kids is something I totally wasn't prepared for! Dd was in the toilet with me the day af finally returned (with no warning of course). Her announcing "aw mummy, you poo on your undies" was rather disconcerting! Then trying to work out how to explain that I definitely hadn't pooed myself was a challenge! I also could have done without her telling dh about my apparent lack of bowel control too. I miss privacy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (18-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bathroom is separate to both toilets so there is no need to keep the door open or let anyone in.

DW and I shower together (double shower so not in each other's way) and use the bathroom at the same time but toilet is another matter.

I love DW but don't need to hear or see what's going on in there and vice versa. There are somethings that need to be kept private and I get grossed out easily so no thanks haha.

PS - it's different with kids and that would be fine... To a certain age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Open door here too, but tend to close when showering otherwise DD tries to climb in the shower with whoever is in there, full clothed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Periods and kids is something I totally wasn't prepared for! Dd was in the toilet with me the day af finally returned (with no warning of course). Her announcing "aw mummy, you poo on your undies" was rather disconcerting! Then trying to work out how to explain that I definitely hadn't pooed myself was a challenge! I also could have done without her telling dh about my apparent lack of bowel control too. I miss privacy.
    😂 I've been happy to talk to them about my period (used to just say it just meant I had no baby in my tummy), but the whole inserting and removal of cups is something I feel they don't need a memory of!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is an open door person, I however am not. Closed, locked and checked a couple of times to make sure it's locked!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Another bathroom thread

Closed mainly. We have lived together for nearly a decade and I would still be very annoyed if he walked in on me, and horrified if I walked in on him when we first started dating I would practically burst because I wouldn't go to the loo around him!

In saying that, there have been dire times though (gastro/postnatal etc) where we have seen things that can't be unseen