+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone have PMDD?

Does anyone here have PMDD - premenstrual dysmorphic disorder. I posted here when first diagnosed but it's been 5 years now and I am wondering how you get through it. I'm on meds but it still sucks for me, my kids and DH for 2 out of 4 weeks a month. Just wondering what others do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone have PMDD?

What is that? I am currently googling madly to try and figure out why I am so crazy leading up to a period, like filled with rage irrational, completely out of it, like I imagine I could run a red light I get so ditzy and zoned, I also have a massive increase in anxiety, I can't even deal with life. I tried to take my kids to the aquarium and left hysterical because there were more people there than I anticipated, non premenstrual I would have coped. Is that the sort of things it is? I also get incredible joint pain and extremely tired, I wish I could just wipe out he week before my period entirely.
    Last edited by PipersMummy; 18-07-2016 at 12:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to thank you clever clogs for posting about this. It made me do some research and my dr has diagnosed me. It explains so much of my life. Thank you! Now to find something that helps, I'm by holding my breath though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been properly diagnosed but I'm 99% sure I do. I would love to do something to start managing it but the idea of seeing my doctor makes me so anxious. The idea of continuing to live like this though terrifies me as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've recently started
    Taking maca, fish oil, magnesium and will be adding b vitamins and calcium which all have possibilities to help but whether they do or not is another story. I was told
    To try and limit caffeine as well and exercising regularly can help but I find this problematic when I'm feeling bad because I have no motivation and just want to ball up in bed and not move anymore than necessary. I've also been prescribed an ssri to take only for the week before and during my period, it's a lower dose than would be used to treat depression. I'll let you know how this goes. My gp was great about it all and really listened to me. It also helped I'm in a good place at the moment and not in a pmdd moment so I felt confident to talk to her. I'm so relieved I have answers. I hope you find something that helps you.