+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you @Blossom74
    I've moved a litter tray to the spare room she likes to sleep in, hopefully that helps her. I've plugged the feliway in, hopefully it does something. Not sure how to tell lol
    I've run our vet, they have nothing available (that can work for me) until Saturday! Which really doesn't work. I fly out Saturday I'll see how she goes for a few days and if it doesn't improve I'll get them to squeeze her in for an emergency appointment. I'm very fussy with the vet we go to, had some bad experiences with a couple of other in town.

She's extremely fussy with food, if she needs something specific then I will do that, I'll talk with the vet first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A little update.. I took my female cat to the vet this morning (unfortunately the first chance I've had!) she was so stressed out. I spoke with the vet about her peeing on the floor etc. she asked about our other cat.. Said as he is quite the bully he is probably the reason she is doing it. She has advised we let our male cat be an outside/inside cat or we may have to rehome him as its only going to make her worse. I don't know how comfortable I am with him being an outside cat as well. I don't know how to achieve him being a good outside cat. Any tips on how I can manage him being an outside cat? I don't want to rehome him but at the same time.. If I don't have a choice that's what I'll have to do..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    A little update.. I took my female cat to the vet this morning (unfortunately the first chance I've had!) she was so stressed out. I spoke with the vet about her peeing on the floor etc. she asked about our other cat.. Said as he is quite the bully he is probably the reason she is doing it. She has advised we let our male cat be an outside/inside cat or we may have to rehome him as its only going to make her worse. I don't know how comfortable I am with him being an outside cat as well. I don't know how to achieve him being a good outside cat. Any tips on how I can manage him being an outside cat? I don't want to rehome him but at the same time.. If I don't have a choice that's what I'll have to do..
    Could you look at a cat run for both of them? That way they can be outside without the risks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have one side of the house closed in from house to fence with cat netting so they've got an outside run about 17m x 3m. Works great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PS another option is the large cat 'cage' type runs if running netting from house doesn't work. My mum has two large cages connected by a cat tunnel and another tunnel going into cat door in window to house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are renting so I think I'd have to speak to my real estate about it and see what they say... I'm not sure they will be overly enthused by the idea. I'm wondering if maybe I'll need to let them have time in the garage separately, so they are away from each other for parts of the day. Doesn't sound exciting but I'm wondering if just some time away from each other each day will help....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My cat went from being inside only to outside only. It started with just letting her outside during the day to try and help with a bit less cat fur inside the house. One afternoon she refused to come back in and has since remained outside. Occasionally especially with the cold she will want to come inside but I no longer have cat litter and I work nights so she can't come inside. I made sure to buy her a bell for her collar. She doesn't travel far, just mainly next door and to the front fence(I am sure she does go across the road though during the night).

Thanks
    Reviews
    So another update.. I couldn't bring myself to letting be an outside cat. I really struggled with my choice but I have decided to rehome my male cat. The cat fights have become insane. I can't do it to them both. It's so unfair.
    I've luckily found him a home with someone I know. I am friends with her mum. She is picking him up tomorrow night. He will be an only cat. Spoilt rotten and have a wonderful loving home. I'm also able to visit him. Which will make all this so much easier. I'm a blubbering mess already though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hugs. What a tough decision to make but honestly I think it will be better for both your cats (and your house!).

It's wonderful you've found somewhere safe for him to go where he'll be happy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Oh hugs. What a tough decision to make but honestly I think it will be better for both your cats (and your house!).

It's wonderful you've found somewhere safe for him to go where he'll be happy.
    Thank you I'm very upset but I do think it's best. I think it will be better for them and our house as well. He deserves to have a better home

I am so happy that this person is taking him. She's a really lovely person so I think he will be so spoilt.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (19-08-2016)