+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cat peeing on things!!!

Ok, so I did just vent about this but I'm really at my wits end with this. DF is at work and the moment he finds out he's gonna want the cat gone so I need some help.

I have 2 cats (both under 5) one male and one female. Both desexed. I believe my female is peeing on the floor, on clothes, on towels, blankets and now what appears my lounge!! I've only had this lounge a year and it's he first brand new lounge I've bought and I'm so angry!!

I've cleaned the areas she has peed on with an odour eliminator and some times something like orange power (for the citrus smell) seems she just moves somewhere else when I do that.

Towels, blankets and some clothes I've just thrown out. Cat pee is such a horrible smell. I'm not sure if she peed directly on the lounge (no marks) or if she peed on a blanket or something and it soaked through (I recently washed dressing gown because I noticed it smelt this morning) I washed my sheets yesterday, so stripped the bed.. She peed on a effin pillow!!!! I mean come on!!!

I say I'm guessing it's my female cat because there can be no pee on the floor and then she goes in the bathroom comes out and there is, male cat has not gone in there.

Does anyone have any idea what I should be doing or what I'm doing wrong?!?! If I can't solve this problem I have no idea what I'm going to do I love her to bits but I'm so at the end of my rope!!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just replied to your vent post. She could have a UTI. Frequent peeing and peeing outside the litter box is on of the symptoms. Others include blood in the pee, and frequent licking of the area.

It may be worth a trip to the vet to rule it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard! Sometimes once they get the smell of pee, they'll keep doing it.

Does she have a litter box? I'd add another one maybe and see if that works. I have two desexed males and they will very occasionally pee on a pile of clothes, but usually if im not home and if they can't get into the laundry to their box. If the door has been closed, they pace around to tell you.

Could also be worth going to the vet to check for a uti?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I replied in the other thread about changing the type of litter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I just replied to your vent post. She could have a UTI. Frequent peeing and peeing outside the litter box is on of the symptoms. Others include blood in the pee, and frequent licking of the area.

It may be worth a trip to the vet to rule it out.
    Thanks. I did see your other comment and replied to it. My lounge smells so bad. The cleaner I have doesnt seemed to have worked on the lounge. I'm ready to cry!!! I'm so over this!
    The only symptom of a uti that could really be obvious is urinating outside of the litter box. I think I'll have to try to get her to the vet and sorted before I go away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also when you change the litter do you wash the tray? Also nil odour drops can be good for odour removal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    It's hard! Sometimes once they get the smell of pee, they'll keep doing it.

Does she have a litter box? I'd add another one maybe and see if that works. I have two desexed males and they will very occasionally pee on a pile of clothes, but usually if im not home and if they can't get into the laundry to their box. If the door has been closed, they pace around to tell you.

Could also be worth going to the vet to check for a uti?
    There is 2 litter boxes. I've had 3 and one never got used. She has access all the time, I have them in the bathroom and there's just a baby gate in the door way so DS doesn't go play with them but she can get to them all the time. I'd have to take the gate down to close the door.
    Yeah, I just spoke to a vet nurse where we go and she said it would be worth checking out just in case. So hopefully they have an appointment available. It would $90 for tomorrow and I can't do that.
    I can smell it on the lounge. I can't get rid of it and she will keep going there I'm sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I replied in the other thread about changing the type of litter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Also when you change the litter do you wash the tray? Also nil odour drops can be good for odour removal
    Thank you. I did change the litter awhile ago and she hated it. Wouldn't use it so I changed back. This is the litter she's used for the whole time I've had her (other than the time I tried changing it)
    I usually give them a wipe out but don't use any products, just water.
    I have used those drops on the floor and they work well. I don't think they could be used on the lounge DF is gonna lose it when he comes home and I don't blame him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anything changed recently? Stress can cause this problem. If the vet visit doesn't find anything it might be worth trying a Feliway plug in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Has anything changed recently? Stress can cause this problem. If the vet visit doesn't find anything it might be worth trying a Feliway plug in.
    We moved about 4 weeks ago, she was doing it before then. Our male cat can be a real sh!t to her sometimes and she goes him but that happens a fair bit and has happened for awhile. Once she goes off at him he backs off. Would it be worth trying it anyway? I'm really at a loss. I can try to get her to the vet before I go away but I may not be able to with appointments etc. how does the feliway work with this type of problem? I've heard of it before.