Hi all, I'm looking for some advice from people in the know about Adelaide. Long story short, I came to Adelaide for 2 days work at 31 weeks. I had clearance to fly/travel from doctor- all that, but had a bleed whilst here and now have placenta previa and am not cleared to travel home to regional WA. I have to stay here in Adelaide until I have the baby, most likely by c-section at around 37 weeks, or sooner if anything untoward happens. As you might imagine this is quite devastating and I'm just trying to keep my chin up.
My issue is I don't have anything here nor do I know anyone or have any mode of transport other than cabs/buses! At tgis stage i have nothing for a baby or for me in preparation for having this baby. I'm looking for advice for the following:
- best places to shop for newborn baby essentials that might be nearby to CBD or North Adelaide.
- best place to shop for the essentials I will need: maternity singlets, bras etc.
- any nice baby boutiques where I could get some nice items as a bit of a pick me up
- recommendation of hire places where I could hire a bassinet or pram if I will need one?
- if anyone has any newborn baby essentials lists or knows a good one online? I have things at home but I really just need to start from scratch here to get the basics to get by before we can travel home with the baby.
- suggestions of what essentials I will need for myself to cover at least a few days in hospital and then travelling home to WA.
Thanks in advance, any advice or suggestions will be most welcome.