+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Depo shot - when did AF return?

I know everyone is different but I'm just curious to hear of others experiences. I had my first and only depo injection at the very beginning of May. DH and I have decided we would like to TTC #4 so I won't be having another. I was supposed to be having my next shot at the end of July but obviously won't be having that. I'm hoping that I'll get AF back by September but I'm not confident anymore after reading some things from Dr Google. What was everyone else's experiences if you don't mind sharing?? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been on Depo twice and both times I've stopped its taken 5-6 months for my period to return. I had been on it for a fair while though so I'm wondering if that makes a difference?

Best wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have fallen pregnant immediately after the depo has worn off twice. Didn't even get AF back before falling pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was due to get my last depo shot end of June and still waiting on AF to show up. I had 2 doses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I was due to get my last depo shot end of June and still waiting on AF to show up. I had 2 doses.
    June this year or June 2015??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee everyone is so varied aren't they!? I hope I'm like you @BabyG4! Was everyone else aware that it could take awhile for AF to return when they had the depo? I'm a little miffed at my GP because when we were discussing contraception (I can't take the pill, I get pregnant on the mini pill and I had the Mirena but had hideous headaches on it) I suggested the depo (knowing nothing about it really) to which she said yep let's try that but didn't warn me about the AF issues whatsoever. If I had known I probably wouldn't have tried it. Although I have to admit I've loved it and will use it after our final bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was on the depo to help my endometriosis pains + symptoms so not for contraception. I was told my chances of pregnancy was very unlikely so didn't bother about AF returning etc. Proved the gyno wrong after having 4 children. Hoping AF arrives soon for you so you can get on with your TTC journey

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on depo for nearly 10 years and my period came within a day or two of when my next injection should have been due. It does seem very variable and not related to how long you have taken it. Ive read it can take up to 12 months to come back. Have you asked a gp if they can give you the pills that make you get your period? I think there is a pill/hormone they can give you to induce a period but im not that sure. I remember i took them once.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    June this year or June 2015??
    This year sorry.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

GingerKat  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my last Depo shot in Oct last year and I'm still waiting. It's disappointing as we wanted to try for another but had given ourselves a deadline of "by Christmas" so it's seeming impossible now. I keep getting pms like symptoms but nothing more than that.