+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope never heard of it ever happening either - yet hear plenty of times of non-custodial parents deliberately not lodging. They may have the power to do something about it but they never do. The whole system sucks for those who should be entitled to support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support question

Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    No, he doesn't see the kids despite only living half an hour away. I haven't told the kids he's not paying, maybe when they're older I will, but I want them to form their own opinion of him without my input, even though I know he's a douche lol.
    You are a good mum. Mine did the same. I thought my dad was so generous and giving growing up; come to learn as a teenager my single mum paid for al our trip to see him, gifts from him - and never got a cent.

Then he went one to steal $30k from me, but that's another story.

You women are amazing. Much respect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It seems like it's always the people who do the right thing are the ones screwed over. I've seen it happen to my MIL who gets nothing from her ex, at all. Doubt she ever will. They keep making court dates with regard to him not paying but they just get postponed year after year.
    But I happen to have a male neighbour, who paid years and years of child support to his ex. Once the kid turned 18, the mum handed in a decades worth of late tax returns for herself and it turns out my neighbour had overpaid by about $50,000 over the course of the kids life but she wasn't penalised for it and he can't get it back.
    Just seems like the bad guy is who they side with every time.