+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support question

Hi all. Just wanted to know if csa can make ex do his tax return because he is a few thousand dollars behind in payments? Anyone have any experience with this?
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    Hi all. Just wanted to know if csa can make ex do his tax return because he is a few thousand dollars behind in payments? Anyone have any experience with this?
    Cheers.
    Nope. Sorry. There doesn't seem to be any penalty for those who don't do their tax on time . I'm in the same boat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    XH is three years behind in his tax returns now and owes our kids just shy of $19000. There's not much child support can do u fortunately :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    XH is three years behind in his tax returns now and owes our kids just shy of $19000. There's not much child support can do u fortunately :-(
    That's beyond despicable.

I'm in a similar boat, but mine owes me more like 6 grand.

I wish the money accrued interest.

No, actually interest isn't enough. There needs to be steep financial penalties for nonpayment, plus a permanent black mark on their credit record.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How awful for you both ^^ my ex only has to pay $15 a week and doesn't even do that! Plus he is self employed so they can't even garnish his wages/tax return. CSA is a bit of a joke TBH..

Thanks
    Reviews
    What annoys me is that the gov could punish these people but they don't. There are no penalties for not paying child support. It's an absolute joke. Hopefully things will change in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The department of Human Services website does say they can enforce tax return lodgements in the instance of overdue CS payments. https://www.humanservices.gov.au/cus...pport-payments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also read that there are penalties for late payments but they're paid to the government, not the receiving parent. Frustrating when you consider if you are left short, you may encounter dishonour fees, rental breaches etc. A flawed system all over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulupetal View Post
    The department of Human Services website does say they can enforce tax return lodgements in the instance of overdue CS payments. https://www.humanservices.gov.au/cus...pport-payments
    I haven't read the link but i have never heard of any instance where they have done this. Maybe other posters have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulupetal View Post
    Also read that there are penalties for late payments but they're paid to the government, not the receiving parent. Frustrating when you consider if you are left short, you may encounter dishonour fees, rental breaches etc. A flawed system all over!
    It sure is. There are penalties for being late with your rego, rent, morgage, bills, blah blah but child support is apparently not important. These men know they can get away with it.