+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is minecraft a violent game?

My 4yr old likes do play. I set limits (eg, 40min x 2 a day) when he is home and once after being at kinder or my mums. However he is starting to kick and punch and I was wondering if this game is teaching him that?? I know you kill animals and zombies on minecraft so was wondering if it could be that?Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is violent in that they can kill animals etc. I used to allow my 4 year old to play it in "creative" but I no longer allow it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm my 3 play it and I haven't seen any changes in behaviour. Could he be copying another child at kindy/daycare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm not sure.
    He's well behaved at kinder, it's mainly at home with his brother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't consider it remotely violent, my 6 year old has been playing it for a year now. And the animals are for food by the way It didn't change his behaviour, his behaviour is usually worse when he's been around other kids at school! There's no actual kicking or punching in minecraft, you're just waving your blocky arm about. ( believe me, I've watched hours of it!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Sometimes he plays an imitation minecraft game, I wonder if that's more violent? I'm going to go through his Tablet tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD12 plays an imitation Minecraft game on her tablet and plays in 'Hunger Games' world. Could he have found that? I can't remember what the app is she has though.

Otherwise I wouldn't say Minecraft is violent, I haven't had issues with my DDs behaviour and they have been playing since it first came out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks.
    What about minecraft YouTube videos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS has it on PS3, iPad and pc, he is only allowed to play with real people he actually knows. Allowed to play after school only for about an hr but not before at all.

You'll find it will become addictive the longer you let them play it to the point they could have tantrums etc I suggest no minecraft in the morning at all

When they are kicking each other from the game they are basically killing each other

There's hunger games mode which is a little more violent and now ps have done an upgrade like a month ago where kids can go online and play against anyone that they don't even know which I hate as it limited parental supervision etc that is the only things I don't like about is that now as before you had control about who your kids played online with. Our rule is we don't you them you don't play them at all ever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Thanks.
    What about minecraft YouTube videos?
    Depends who you are watching as there are modified games that they may be demonstrating, such as the GTA mod (grand theft auto) safest you tuber to watch is Stampy Cat (stampylongnose) his tutorials are totally child friendly and funny. He even posts online safety messages.