+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure how quickly my levels doubled. ...

But I've had bloods at 15hcg (11dpo) and 67hcg (17dpo) in seperate pregnancies. The results of the prefnancies are 5 and 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    It was an ectopic pregnancy and wasn't actually diagnosed until my tube ruptured at 5 weeks 3 days. But my levels were rising and doubling as they should have been, just on the very low side. My first results were just 22 and the doc didn't think it was viable, but my second went up to 89 and then third lot were over 300. So I assumed everything was OK. They should have been much higher though, but the window for what you "should" be at X amount of weeks differs greatly. I should have requested an ultrasound but I didn't know and trusted the doctors. Could have maybe saved me losing my tube in surgery if it hadn't have burst.
    I do know someone who had an original result of 19 and they went on to have a healthy baby though. Don't lose hope yet x
    Thanks for letting me know. I find this forum so helpful! Ectopic was one thing that crossed my mind but as my levels rose by 2 I'm hoping it's nothing lol.

I asked the nurse whether I can get a period with a HCG at that level and she said yes and also said I can still fall pregnant with it so that's a plus too.
    Hopefully this bleeding ramps up and another cycle begins. I was so naive as to how tricky it can be to conceive and deliver a healthy baby!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a chemical 9 years ago and my hCG was 20 at 16dpo approx. With DS is was 225 at the same time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Em9  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    I had a chemical 9 years ago and my hCG was 20 at 16dpo approx. With DS is was 225 at the same time.
    I'm naive to this.. With a Chem pregnancy do you just end up with AF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, it was a light AF. However the next month was extremely heavy. Like soaking through super tampons and pads in 30 minutes. Although, that only lasted a few hours and then it was gone.

In retrospect I should have gone to a GP or told my OBGYN - but I never did. So I can't say 100% it was from the chemical - but there was no other reason for it, and it never happened again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Em9  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did another pregnancy test today and there is still a faint line there. Approx the same as yest and Monday. I have no idea what is going on. So frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be asking for a scan. Could be possible to still have retained product.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you got all 3 together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I have retained product after a HD&C? Man that would suck.
    It's so weird because I've had a period since my surgery, then this is second cycle.
    The nurse just said to let them know if no AF by next week. Then Implied I'd have another BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    Can I have retained product after a HD&C? Man that would suck.
    It's so weird because I've had a period since my surgery, then this is second cycle.
    The nurse just said to let them know if no AF by next week. Then Implied I'd have another BT.
    How heavy was the last one. Unlikely but still possible.