+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HCG 14 help please!

Does anybody have an idea of what they are talking about with HCG levels? I'm confused and am thinking I should be giving up on this possible pregnancy..

I tested negative on home preg test last week. Had a positive on Monday.

Blood test Monday- HCG of 12. Low progesterone.
    Blood test today- HCG of 14.

Is it likely that this isn't a viable pregnancy?

I had a miscarriage in April and a D&C in May. I had one AF between D&C and this positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly it doesn't look good. Hcg levels should double every 48 hrs or so and it doesn't look like yours have. In saying that, there are ladies on here who have had slow rising hcg and gone on to have their bub.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As Csemm said, it honestly doesn't look too promising at this stage. Your HCG should have doubled since Monday. Will they be doing another blood test Friday? I don't want to be totally negative for you, some people do have slow rising HCG so you never know! Having another blood test in 48 hours and another 48 hours after that should start giving you some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's ok!! I'm happy for it to be this way rather than a miscarriage at 6 weeks like the last 2 times lol.
    I just need my AF to come though!!! I hope that it's not some sort of pregnancy that's preventing it coming. A pregnancy that will never be.
    I hope it's just left over hormone from my D&C.

What's worrying me is that I didn't have anything coming up on tests last week but a positive this week I wish my body would do the right thing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    As Csemm said, it honestly doesn't look too promising at this stage. Your HCG should have doubled since Monday. Will they be doing another blood test Friday? I don't want to be totally negative for you, some people do have slow rising HCG so you never know! Having another blood test in 48 hours and another 48 hours after that should start giving you some answers.
    No bloods Friday. If AF hasn't come I have to ring them early next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs Hun. Being in limbo sucks. What time of the day did you test last week? Could it be your urine was more concentrated this week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Hugs Hun. Being in limbo sucks. What time of the day did you test last week? Could it be your urine was more concentrated this week?
    I hope so!!! I was all over the place testing as I knew it was too early lol.

TMI but I just dtd with DH to try and see if it would bring on AF as it has before lol. Anyway I had a little light blood when I went to the loo so fingers crossed that's it!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Best wishes sweetheart, keep us posted. I've been in that dreaded low HCG situation and the not knowing and wondering why is excruciating x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Best wishes sweetheart, keep us posted. I've been in that dreaded low HCG situation and the not knowing and wondering why is excruciating x
    Thanks Marigold
    Do you mind me asking what was be cause/outcome of your low levels?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    Thanks Marigold
    Do you mind me asking what was be cause/outcome of your low levels?
    It was an ectopic pregnancy and wasn't actually diagnosed until my tube ruptured at 5 weeks 3 days. But my levels were rising and doubling as they should have been, just on the very low side. My first results were just 22 and the doc didn't think it was viable, but my second went up to 89 and then third lot were over 300. So I assumed everything was OK. They should have been much higher though, but the window for what you "should" be at X amount of weeks differs greatly. I should have requested an ultrasound but I didn't know and trusted the doctors. Could have maybe saved me losing my tube in surgery if it hadn't have burst.
    I do know someone who had an original result of 19 and they went on to have a healthy baby though. Don't lose hope yet x