+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Post Vasectomy test results.

My DH had a vasectomy in March and did his sperm analysis test last week. He got his results today (4months after getting it done and well over the recommended 20 ejaculations) and there are still a few live sperm. They have said to re-test in a month but that there is a chance it hasn't worked. I just wanted to see what other people's experience were and whether this is normal or not?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My Dh had the same thing around the 4 month mark, then the 6th and I was seriously thinking it wasn't a 'success' so much so that Dh got the Doctor to personally email me to reassure me it had worked! He basically just said that for some men (despite the recommended 20 plus ejaculations) still retain a bit of sperm, albeit motile.
    Finally after a few re-tests he got the all clear, so hopefully your Dh will be the same.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully that's the case. The nurse didn't seem very positive though (it wasn't looked at until about 1.5 hours after getting done due to travel from pathology so she said more would have likely been present/alive if it was looked at straight away). My DH nearly died after the procedure (blood clot issues) so really hoping he won't have to re-do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Post Vasectomy test results.

Oh dear, you poor Dh, sounds like he's had a rough time of it.
    Dh nearly went batty trying to *ahem*...clear the sperm and every time he got tested and some were still present it caused great angst, but he didn't have any complications with the op like your poor Dh so I can only imagine the stress.
    I hope he has a better result once he's had a few more tests like my dh. As I said earlier, mine needed more testing than normal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually didn't want him to have it done in the first place so part of me is hoping it hasn't worked (fate and all that jazz) but the thought of him having to be operated in again makes me feel sick to my stomach!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Similar happened with my DP, but they went in and had another go.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Took us six months to get the all clear. I was stressed too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty22 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So thought I'd come in and give an update. DH did his 6 month test yesterday and unfortunately the results were the same as the 4 month check. Quite a few sperm with low/no motility. His doctor would like him to do another test in 4 weeks (he like the sample to be completely clear of sperm) but has said he will most likely have to go back in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good to hear an update it's so similar to what happened with us, as the Doc wasn't happy with just low/no motility after the 6mths, and no clearance was given until dh showed none. He got there in the end but it took many goes!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Good to hear an update 😊 it's so similar to what happened with us, as the Doc wasn't happy with just low/no motility after the 6mths, and no clearance was given until dh showed none. He got there in the end but it took many goes!
    Very similar! Hopefully that is all it takes. His doctor told me that the results were pretty much identical to the 4 month one and that he would have liked to see some change. Fingers crossed for the next one.