+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Subbing - thinking of doing this in the future. After I finish breast feeding. Post-breast feeding I'm a size 12dd, but I've always been so self conscious of my bust, and I have such a hard time with clothes. I'm sure my posture has suffered as well.

ETA - I had a look online at post breast reduction surgery photos...
    How long does the recovery take?
    Honestly? Most people are so desperate for the surgery by the time they get it they love their breasts, bruises and all! I wanted to show everyone my normal sized ones (I didn't of course).

I had mine before children so I was able to be more precious about it. It was quite painful but not unbearable. I think I went back to work two weeks after the surgery but I couldn't lift anything over shoulder height. I think even then I felt nervous walking down the street in case someone bumped into me. I was walking with my arms in front of my chest. I'd expect the usual 6 week recovery time you get from most major surgery (eg, a c/s takes about that long I think).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Has anyone had a breast reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Honestly? Most people are so desperate for the surgery by the time they get it they love their breasts, bruises and all! I wanted to show everyone my normal sized ones (I didn't of course).

I had mine before children so I was able to be more precious about it. It was quite painful but not unbearable. I think I went back to work two weeks after the surgery but I couldn't lift anything over shoulder height. I think even then I felt nervous walking down the street in case someone bumped into me. I was walking with my arms in front of my chest. I'd expect the usual 6 week recovery time you get from most major surgery (eg, a c/s takes about that long I think).
    I didn't mean any offense - actually I was trying to see what the scars look like but the photos that came up were immediately-post surgery and were quite graphic. Some of the photos were of during-surgery. I'm quite squeamish so it was hard to see that. But I'm glad I did see it because I would want to know exactly what is done. I talked to DH about it last night and he thinks I shouldn't get a reduction .. Surprise surprise lol but maybe I could get a lift

ETA thanks for the info on recovery!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I didn't mean any offense - actually I was trying to see what the scars look like but the photos that came up were immediately-post surgery and were quite graphic. Some of the photos were of during-surgery. I'm quite squeamish so it was hard to see that. But I'm glad I did see it because I would want to know exactly what is done. I talked to DH about it last night and he thinks I shouldn't get a reduction .. Surprise surprise lol but maybe I could get a lift

ETA thanks for the info on recovery!
    No offence taken! They are frankenboobies at first. I just found I didn't mind when they were mine.

The degree of scarring may also depend on how good the surgeon is. Mine was excellent. The scar at the front is flat and faded to white. Basically, intimate partners will see the scars. Dresses and swimmers showing side boob will show the ones under the arm but even then they'd have to look for them.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (15-07-2016),witherwings  (14-07-2016)