+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Ok, I stand corrected. 16 (!!) people out for pizza and carrying on when she could of just changed it to the next night IS making a fuss
    Sounds like a drama queen lol
    Lol she has her moments. But i still like her alot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was going to say cancel too until I saw the 16 people! Glad you managed to get a compromise

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Wdyt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Postpone your friend coming over and see your mother inlaw for her birthday.

Or

Send your husband to spend time with his mum.

It's her birthday. Perhaps she hadn't even thought of anything when you saw her last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In all honesty if you leave it to a few days beforehand to tell people then you have to expect people can't come. And I really don't think expecting people to cancel dinner with friends for a standard birthday dinner is fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Ok so we all settled for Saturday night. She gave dh the "i can die tomorrow " as we couldn't make it Friday, but oh well, it's still going to happen Saturday. Yes sure we could have asked her if she was going to do something but she normally does know that trying to get the whole family free on a weeknight would be hard as some of us are studying, have sports commitments, work, have multiple young kids.. When there's 16 people you want to be free then say so early enough. I'm fine with going but there's no need to get huffy about it like a child either.
    This is what I was going to suggest. Hopefully it suits you all.
    I don't particularly like my inlaws and live on the same property as them so it's a bit diff for me, but if my mil made a fuss I wouldnt have been too happy.
    On her 50th I missed netball training and cooked her dinner lol as she wasn't doing anything so I'm not a total Scrooge but something non milestone is ridiculous if there was no notice.
    Glad you sorted it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My IL's are 'plan something every year for their birthday (not mecessarily on their birthday, though) and tell you two days before' type people. It sh!ts me to tears...but for DH's sake I keep the week surrounding their birthdays free, and DH lets them know if we make plans on a day so they can have their last minute celebration on a different day. They absolutely expect us to be there. It's frustrating.