+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Need some outfit inspiration

I have my 20 year reunion coming up and I want to buy something new to wear - I don't get out much at night these days so feeling very uninspired!

Would love some suggestions, pics etc to help inspire me.

It's at a bar at night (what's that again?! Lol). It's in a couple weeks so will be a bit cold (qld cold) and pretty sure partly outdoors. Thinking something flattering but not too try-hard.

I love dresses but might be too cold? I struggle to find nice tops (to wear with jeans etc)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you like wearing dresses, what about a dress with a nice cardi worn over some tights and teamed with boots?

You could accessorise with chunky beads or a scarf.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the idea of a nice dress, perhaps with sleeves or a wrap. I have a black poncho with silver sparkles. I have had so many compliments with that one item. For our Queensland winters a few layers work best. If you happen to be outside, you can add a jacket, but if you are indoors, or even just near a heater, you can remove it. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I haven't really seen a cardi I like... All my dresses are very summery or daytime so I will need to buy both a new dress or a cardi... Unless I can find a nice winter dress. I don't want anything too formal as its just a bar not a cocktail party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    sunny I went to seed recently and they have some nice tops. I bought a plain black one, totally not my usual style but it's flattering and was very warm. I wore it with white skinny jeans with a rip on both knees (unsure if this is your style big you could just go skinny jeans without the rips) and some cool flat ankle lace up shoes. will see if I can find pics. shoes were from Zara, not sure if you have an outlet up there. I wore this outfit to my boss' retirement party and felt it was perfect. dressy but not over the top, weather appropriate and I'll wear each item again. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468373587.525279.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468373606.420472.jpg
    I wore the pointy toe ones not the rounder toe ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love those shoes turquoise! Will be off to Zara this week

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    sunny I went to seed recently and they have some nice tops. I bought a plain black one, totally not my usual style but it's flattering and was very warm. I wore it with white skinny jeans with a rip on both knees (unsure if this is your style big you could just go skinny jeans without the rips) and some cool flat ankle lace up shoes. will see if I can find pics. shoes were from Zara, not sure if you have an outlet up there. I wore this outfit to my boss' retirement party and felt it was perfect. dressy but not over the top, weather appropriate and I'll wear each item again. Attachment 82484Attachment 82485
    I wore the pointy toe ones not the rounder toe ones.
    For a minute there I thought you wore one of each

Thank you. Unfortunately we don't have a Zara (might be one on Bris but I am not going down there anytime soon), gosh I wish!! I am kind of restricted to online shopping or Myer, Witchery, Bardot or boutiques. There is a Seed up in Noosa I might have to see if I can get up there.

Just so undecided! You looked great btw! Not sure I can pull off white jeans I prob prefer black jeans... But then need a non black top. I really need to go try stuff on but I hate clothes shopping with bubs!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Can you wear black jeans with a black and white stripe top and a black blazer?

Those shoes are really popular. You shouldn't have trouble finding something similar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    For a minute there I thought you wore one of each

Thank you. Unfortunately we don't have a Zara (might be one on Bris but I am not going down there anytime soon), gosh I wish!! I am kind of restricted to online shopping or Myer, Witchery, Bardot or boutiques. There is a Seed up in Noosa I might have to see if I can get up there.

Just so undecided! You looked great btw! Not sure I can pull off white jeans I prob prefer black jeans... But then need a non black top. I really need to go try stuff on but I hate clothes shopping with bubs!
    I thought it might look like I wore one of each pair hence I thought I'd clarify

you'd look hot in white jeans I reckon!

I agree with Sonja...dark jeans, a blazer and a black/white or navy/white stripe top with some cool shoes. you'd easily get wear out of it all again and you'll be warm enough if your outside in the winter weather.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd go a winter dress, tights and ankle boots. But that's just my style lol