+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low AMH

Hey all,
    I'm 34 and Starting my first ivf cycle with my DH (31 with Klinefelters). Last year I found out I had a low AMH to add another spanner in the works, and my latest scan showed 4 follicles growing.
    Does anyone have any positive stories they can share?
    I'm feeling quite alone and overwhelmed atm xxx Thanks, guys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sure you will get lots of replies on here as there are many ladies who have been through ivf and with differing experiences and success. To try and be positive to you I was 29 when I did ivf with a low AMH of 7.1 and I ended up producing 12 eggs which all fertilised with 9 making it to 5 days and the first transfer resulted in my now 2.5yr old. From my experience I don't think AMH is always that important or some thing to get too hung up on. Everyone responds differently to meds and from my understanding it's more of a tool to help your fs decide on your starting dose meds. Good luck, definitely try and stay positive as there can be some good outcomes. X

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with @nh2489 don't get too disheartened by your AMH levels, it should be used in the bigger picture to get the best outcome, not be used to freak you out! Good news for you, even if you have diminished egg reserve, the quality should be ok because of your age.
    Is the 4 follicles your antral follicle count? Or during stimming?
    I was 31 with AMH of 1, got 7 eggs, 4 embryos - 1 became DD (2) and 1 is currently jumping on my bladder due in Oct. We still have 2 frozen.
    But it took us a while to have success, did 2 failed cycles with another clinic before changing clinics.
    Maybe ask your FS about DHEA and using Luveris for egg quality?
    I would suggest to do a cycle, see how things go, then go from there. If it doesn't work and your clinic says just try again with the same old protocol, push for other options. If they won't help, consider changing clinics.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (13-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't gone through IVF but my AMH levels were 8.5 at 22 years old and i have no issue with getting the pregnant...well I didn't haven't tried for number 2 yet but I have 3 Angels before my Rainbow. I was told that the test isn't very accurate so don't stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant remember my levels but at 40 I had less than half average levels for a woman my age. I'm 43 and have a 15 month old baby girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    She was a surprise as well. Don't loose heart!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by manfred View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm 34 and Starting my first ivf cycle with my DH (31 with Klinefelters). Last year I found out I had a low AMH to add another spanner in the works, and my latest scan showed 4 follicles growing.
    Does anyone have any positive stories they can share?
    I'm feeling quite alone and overwhelmed atm xxx Thanks, guys
    Quality is everything with eggs. Whilst it's great to have a lot, it's no good if they're all duds. That was the case for me, due to age, but age is on your side! In my years on BH I've seen loads of people with low AMH have success.

Good luck to you hon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 30 and my levels tested late last year were 4.2, yet here I am pregnant with twins (I released two eggs naturally after six months of trying, just one month before moving to IVF!).

As PP said, a big factor is the quality.

Don't get too caught up with these levels as they are not the be all and end all. Yes, the time is a lot less limited for us (eg we don't have the luxury to wait 5-10 years to wait and see what happens), but there are many other factors that come into consideration, with quality being a big one.

I'm sure you will hear many other positive stories on BH in relation to this topic.

Good luck