+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Geelong Schools

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to get some advice on some schools in Geelong. I am looking at Kardinia International or Christian College Geelong for our son.

He is only 6 months old but wanted to get in early. I have put an application into Kardinia already however, I feel like it's very difficult to get in and the chances are not very high. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Christian College is the backup at the moment however, there are multiple campuses to choose from and a new campus opening in Torquay by the time he is at school. I am wondering if there is a better campus to attend or if anyone has any experience? As a private school, it is not zoned so we would have the choice. I am nervous about the new campus as its not established however, it would be new and closer to home.

Any advice on any schools or anything Geelong would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to hearing the good and bad!

Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not from Geelong but for what it's worth I would be choosing the campus closest to school. It makes life so much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Carpe diem 2013. That's what I was thinking and also so his friends are likely from the same area and he would be able to do any extra curricular activities with kids from school

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ampri3 For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He's only 6 months old and you have to put his name down already ? !?

What is do good about the school?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

yadot  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudMumma34 View Post
    He's only 6 months old and you have to put his name down already ? !?

What is do good about the school?
    With some schools parents do a detour on the way home from the maternity hospital and even then a place isn't guaranteed. With dd we applied when she was 2 and it was made quite clear how late we had left it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Carpe diem 2013 For This Useful Post:

ampri3  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ProudMumma34 I believe Kardinia International has a very good reputation with great academic results for the fees that you pay and the waiting list is that long and still not guaranteed. Christian College is my backup. I want to be prepared as we are moving from Melbourne to Geelong and want to make sure we have somewhere that can provide him with a good education. I know it seems excessive and it might be the Melbourne mentality in me (his childcare centre in Melbourne has a 3 year wait list) but when I contacted the school, it doesn't seem too likely that they will have places. I just have my fingers crossed.