+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 679
  1. #251
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to KJane13 For This Useful Post:

    MUG81  (26-08-2016)

  3. #252
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    523
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    Oh ok sorry haha. I actually have the opposite, I have PCOS but the number of cysts I have has dropped so I no longer have PCO. I think PCO might be easier to treat? That's just a guess tho. Do u have PCO?
    Hi, thanks for the links!! Yes, had an intra-ultrasound today and have 20+ follicles on each ovary. (I'm just happy to have any, that was my fear!) Given no other symptoms, doc said likely PCO. But am struggling to find much about it... Everything is about PCOS!
    How do you manage it? Any lifestyle hints or tips?

  4. #253
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    I found that too and a lot of people assume it's the same thing.. Makes it hard to find info. I was put on metformin because one of my ovaries wasn't ovulating and I kept gaining weight. It did help, I'm not on it anymore (gained 5kg since ). I already had one autoimmune disease that affects my thyroid, and left untreated it can cause I guess u could say secondary disorders. I really feel like my PCOS came about because my thyroid wasn't being treated properly (the two are connected in a complicated way lol). I also use moonstone which I believe is why I continue to ovulate even once coming off metformin (I understand people have different beliefs, but that's mine ).

    Can I ask if you've had all the blood tests to check for PCOS? I know ur doc said he doesn't think u have PCOS as u have no symptoms... But u only need 2/3 things to diagnose. For example u may have no symptoms but have PCO and the results of a blood tests. I do know that PCO can lead to PCOS, it's like the chicken or the egg, sometimes it comes from the pituitary (causing the syndrome), but that system is a constant feedback loop so having PCO can start it. If you've never had ur thyroid tested (TSH, t3, t4) I'd recommend checking for that as it could be a possible cause, also it can cause pregnancy complications so it's always good to get checked anyway.

    So yeah sorry I'm certainly no expert that's just been my experience . When do u see doc again to discuss results / treatments ? xx

  5. #254
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    333
    Thanks
    744
    Thanked
    523
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    I found that too and a lot of people assume it's the same thing.. Makes it hard to find info. I was put on metformin because one of my ovaries wasn't ovulating and I kept gaining weight. It did help, I'm not on it anymore (gained 5kg since ). I already had one autoimmune disease that affects my thyroid, and left untreated it can cause I guess u could say secondary disorders. I really feel like my PCOS came about because my thyroid wasn't being treated properly (the two are connected in a complicated way lol). I also use moonstone which I believe is why I continue to ovulate even once coming off metformin (I understand people have different beliefs, but that's mine ).

    Can I ask if you've had all the blood tests to check for PCOS? I know ur doc said he doesn't think u have PCOS as u have no symptoms... But u only need 2/3 things to diagnose. For example u may have no symptoms but have PCO and the results of a blood tests. I do know that PCO can lead to PCOS, it's like the chicken or the egg, sometimes it comes from the pituitary (causing the syndrome), but that system is a constant feedback loop so having PCO can start it. If you've never had ur thyroid tested (TSH, t3, t4) I'd recommend checking for that as it could be a possible cause, also it can cause pregnancy complications so it's always good to get checked anyway.

    So yeah sorry I'm certainly no expert that's just been my experience . When do u see doc again to discuss results / treatments ? xx
    Soooooo helpful! I have had my thyroid tested in the past, but not for fertility reasons. It was good at the time.
    FS also had me do a whole battery of tests, so she'll be able to put it all together from that. So far she's let me know my VitaminD was super low, so she's pretty responsive, bit by bit. I go back to see her in October (I have some weight to drop before she wants me on any meds for anything & to reduce any general risks)... bc I'm getting +OPKs and my b00bs hurt before AF, she was pretty sure I was ovulating. Blood test confirmed I did last month anyways.
    Okay, so tell me about moonstone and how you use (wear?) it?? So intruigued!

  6. #255
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0

    Default Calling all TTC testers who want to wait till AF is late ...Support chat:-) #5

    @MUG81
    Haha I'm glad I had no idea if it would be of any use to u.

    Ok so moonstone is a "getting out" crystal, so it really clears out ur ovaries and uterus (if it's needed). A lot of people and websites say it's a good pregnancy stone but once u have ovulated get it far away! Like I mentioned it's a clearing out stone.. U don't really want to do that when ur pregnant. It's great for birth tho! (I have been going to the same crystal shop for over a decade, they are beautiful honest ppl who never push a sale and they travel all over the world to get their stones of the highest quality. I trust their knowledge on crystals completely).

    I either have a stone that I just keep in my pocket or bra, or I also have a pendant. When I wasn't TTC I would start wearing it a few days before af was due and it brought my cycles down from 35 days to 30/31. One time it had gotten to cd37 (which is way longer than I've ever gotten to!) I put my necklace on and got af next morning. Yes it could be a coincidence but I had absolutely no feeling that it was on its way.

    Now once I get af I use it (great for pain) until I feel that I've ovulated. People look at me funny when I suggest it haha but crystals are something that I believe have always worked for me. And hey what's the harm in trying something? I don't mean to offend anyone who disagrees I respect everyone's opinions

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJane13 For This Useful Post:

    MUG81  (27-08-2016),rhee1980  (27-08-2016)

  8. #256
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    @MUG81 in regards to ur thyroid a lot of docs only test TSH. Thyroid issues are complicated in that new research shows TSH isn't everything and not always reliable. You really need the t3/t4 to get a proper picture.

    Let me just say u may well have been tested properly it's just such a big issue amongst thyroid patients that I'm always sharing, I had to fight with docs for years to finally find one who had more than just a basic understanding and got me on the proper medication. Sorry for information overload haha

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to KJane13 For This Useful Post:

    MUG81  (27-08-2016)

  10. #257
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    778
    Thanked
    603
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    @MUG81
    Haha I'm glad I had no idea if it would be of any use to u.

    Ok so moonstone is a "getting out" crystal, so it really clears out ur ovaries and uterus (if it's needed). A lot of people and websites say it's a good pregnancy stone but once u have ovulated get it far away! Like I mentioned it's a clearing out stone.. U don't really want to do that when ur pregnant. It's great for birth tho! (I have been going to the same crystal shop for over a decade, they are beautiful honest ppl who never push a sale and they travel all over the world to get their stones of the highest quality. I trust their knowledge on crystals completely).

    I either have a stone that I just keep in my pocket or bra, or I also have a pendant. When I wasn't TTC I would start wearing it a few days before af was due and it brought my cycles down from 35 days to 30/31. One time it had gotten to cd37 (which is way longer than I've ever gotten to!) I put my necklace on and got af next morning. Yes it could be a coincidence but I had absolutely no feeling that it was on its way.

    Now once I get af I use it (great for pain) until I feel that I've ovulated. People look at me funny when I suggest it haha but crystals are something that I believe have always worked for me. And hey what's the harm in trying something? I don't mean to offend anyone who disagrees I respect everyone's opinions
    Love this! And I'd also add, only buy crystals that you are really drawn to. No matter what anyone else says or anything you read about their properties the most important thing is that you feel drawn to it. Last pregnancy I was really drawn to bloodstone, at the moment for this TTC journey I'm really drawn to rose quartz.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rhee1980 For This Useful Post:

    KJane13  (27-08-2016),MUG81  (27-08-2016)

  12. #258
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0
    Yep absolutely @rhee1980. Sometimes u get a crystal that u think makes absolutely no sense but it just calls to u! I'm also loving rose quartz at the moment

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to KJane13 For This Useful Post:

    MUG81  (27-08-2016)

  14. #259
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    65
    Reviews
    0

    Default Calling all TTC testers who want to wait till AF is late ...Support chat:-) #5

    How's everyone going?

    I'm 12 dpo and haven't tested yet, I feel proud! I do have the urge but to be honest it isn't even that strong. I think it has a lot to do with having a chemical pregnancy 2 months ago. If I get a negative I want to be able to believe it's really negative and not just too early. And if I get a positive now I'll be worried about af showing up like what happened before.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to KJane13 For This Useful Post:

    curlybird  (28-08-2016)

  16. #260
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    716
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked
    530
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    How's everyone going?

    I'm 12 dpo and haven't tested yet, I feel proud! I do have the urge but to be honest it isn't even that strong. I think it has a lot to do with having a chemical pregnancy 2 months ago. If I get a negative I want to be able to believe it's really negative and not just too early. And if I get a positive now I'll be worried about af showing up like what happened before.
    You're a brave woman! I'm 7dpo today and will probably test tomorrow... haha. I just have Ics though so don't really feel bad about wasting them.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDL For This Useful Post:

    KJane13  (28-08-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Calling all TTC testers who want to wait till AF is late ... Support chat :-) #4
    By EnPointe in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1031
    Last Post: 12-07-2016, 13:42
  2. Calling mums to be from Melbourne! Support from friendly student midwife!
    By edwinarose in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-05-2016, 02:21
  3. *TW* late term ab0rti0n advice & support
    By BerryDelicious in forum Feeling alone
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-04-2016, 22:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Bamboo Lulu
Unique, non-toxic wooden eco toys for babies. Water-based paints, saliva-resistant & baby safe. Super soft, prints & basics for baby, made from bamboo & organic cotton. Hypoallergenic - great for eczema relief. FREE gift with purchase. Code BUBHUB
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
L'il Aussie Prems Foundation
An Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at high risk of giving birth prematurely, who have babies currently in hospital and families with toddlers who were born too soon.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!