+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby suddenly stopped sleeping through

Hoping some one can help me, my little man is 5 1/2 months old. From about 8 weeks old he started to sleep through (from about 6ish to 5 am) before that he was only waking for one feed over night but about 3 weeks ago he stopped. He did have a cold but that has all cleared up now.

He is waking up at least 3 times during the night. At first I was giving a bottle cause of the cold he had but now he is waking about 3 times a night and won't go back to sleep until he has had a bottle.

I've tried Pattibg him to sleep/ rocking ect which works for about 10 minutes than he wakes again.

If anyone has any suggestions on what is going on that would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same happened with my DD. Went from 12hrs overnight at 5 months to waking all night. She's 2.5 now and I'm still up to her several times a night.

Hmmm probably not what you want to hear....

Thanks
    Reviews
    But he could be cold, make sure his room is warm enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Same happened with my DD. Went from 12hrs overnight at 5 months to waking all night. She's 2.5 now and I'm still up to her several times a night.

Hmmm probably not what you want to hear....
    Haha no not what I wanted to hear lol

That's I have him in a sleeping bag plus blanket so maybe that's it. I'll see if it makes a difference putting another layer on

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby suddenly stopped sleeping through

My ds had started to sleep thru at 7w but shortly after started rolling and now just had his second birthday, slept thru twice since 7w! He's slowly improving again but slowly..... Every cold sets him back, I sleep at the end of the bed ( recently moved from beside him as a transition) as that works better for me and sometimes I can recover him or pat him down before he fully wakes.... Can't wait til we move as I've bought a new bigger mattress for me ( and ds) Dh is on our good one in our 'room'.... This current house is on a noisy Rd so if I don't sleep in same room all my ears hear is road noise and Dh snoring and I just can't sleep knowing that ds will be crying soon....not sure when the ultra sensitive mummy ears will settle, I hope when I'm better assured he'll sleep. So my advice??? Sorry I'm sarcastic probably, enjoy what u had! Sorry!!!! I have heard some people slowly water bottles down til they're getting water as a gentle transition.... I'm just glad to be getting bottles as ds is a boob boy and just started accepting a bottle after a bit if a suck.....
    Last edited by Lisau77; 11-07-2016 at 22:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems to be pretty common. My niece slept 12 hours a night from 2-4 months, and has been up mannnny times a night since (now 20 months). My 13 month old also slept through (with only a brief feed) for a couple of weeks at about 3 months, and has only done it once since. He's up 2-10 times every night.

No suggestions...but you're not alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no these comment are not what I wanted to see lol
    Hoping it's just a phase and he is going to go back to sleeping as I'm looking at returning to work soon as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might be the 4 month sleep regression happening a little later? DD4 went from sleeping 6pm-8am from around a week old to waking 10 times a night from 16-26 weeks. Longest 10 weeks of my life! I kept doing the exact routine I always did and eventually she just went back to sleeping perfectly. My older 3 never suffered from it and slept through from the start with no unsettled nights, phew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hopefully that is what it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My good sleeper started sleeping terribly at 3.5 months. I thought it was just a phase and was going to just be consistent and ride it out....but it got worse and worse, to the point where 4 wake ups was a good night, and she could be up anywhere up to 10-12 times a night and had to be fed back to sleep every single time. Wouldn't take a dummy or bottle either. I was a wreck and not coping. So we went to sleep school at 7 months. Had to do tough love for a couple of nights but now she sleeps from 6.30/7ish through to 5/5.30, wakes for a feed then sleeps for another hour or so before being up for the day. I didn't want to do it at first but I'm so glad now I did. I actually don't know how I managed on so little sleep for that time! Hopefully your little one is just going through a phase but don't be afraid to seek help through other avenues if you need to.