Who has grey hairs? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have really dark brown hair so grey is quite easily noticeable. And I started getting grey in my early 20s! 😢

I dye my hair every 3-6 months or so. They're noticeable up the top of my head in my part but I don't have a massive patch or anything.

I dont think lighter coloured hair would suit me, so I'll just keep dyeing dark brown as usual and probably do it more frequent as I get older

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I should be full grey and I am only 35! My grandma was completely grey by the age of 24 and my mum 27 so it has been on my mind a lot. I am not brave enough to do the all grey thing so when the time comes I will probably dye it. I feel like I am on borrowed time atm!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do!!
    I used to dye my hair blonde all the time then when I hit my 30s I let it go natural (light brown). A few months later I was in the toilets at work with the awesome flattering fluoro lighting and just caught sight of what I thought was a silver strand so I pulled it out to make sure and yep sure enough I actually had heaps of greys but never knew because my hair was always dyed blonde!
    I now have my hair dyed a pretty natural colour (I have all over highlights) but it's not purposeful to cover the greys - I don't care if they show through. I get my hair coloured every 3-4 months and if I was trying to cover the greys I'd need to do it much more often and I don't have time and can't be bothered!
    Could you start with a trim and treatment to work on the condition and then think about a colour that might complement the grey poking through?
    This pic is not me lol but my hair is about this colour and length
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468210441.454349.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm naturally medium/dark brown and get my hair coloured every 6-8 weeks at the salon. Currently I'm dyeing it dark brown. I have previously been medium brown and had blonde foils.
    I started getting the odd grey here and there about 4 years ago but have noticed now that by the 6 week mark my regrowth has a noticeable amount of grey. Because I color it regularly I actually have no idea how grey I am overall. I plan on embracing it when I'm in my late 40s/early 50s. I think a full head of grey hair is really striking. For now I feel too young to embrace it (37). When I make the decision to embrace it I'll do it gradually with the help of my hairdresser and whatever color she recommends. I refuse to just let it grow out, I think that would look a bit ratty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been going grey since I was 16, I am now more than 60% grey, I've ditched highlights and foils and am back to just my brown hair colour as I have to touch up the roots every three weeks. I only just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago - am not ready to embrace the grey yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @gingermillie I was thinking maybe getting blonde highlights might be a good technique of disguising - I'd just have to commit the money and time to attend the salon regularly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been really happy with my new do which I had done in December last year. I've only had it coloured once since the initial restyle (am going again in a few weeks) so I'm getting 3-4 months out of each colour and it still looks ok when I get it re-done. The colourist does tha balayage technique which apparently is a gentler look in terms of regrowth. But yes the $$ - ouch hurts me every time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very grey! Eek! I'd say 50% grey hair now, 50% brown.

When it gets to this point, there's no disguising it. I dye it brown. I have to do it every couple of weeks as the regrowth is so obvious!

When the greys were just starting, I got a quarter head of foils, which do a great job of disguising them, from there I moved onto a half head, then I was just getting blonder and blonder and blonder.

I admitted defeat a few years ago and now just dye it brown myself at home. I'm quite good at it now, as I've had a lot of practice!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, going grey here!

I'm in my mid 30's and clearly take after my dad's side of the family who all went grey early.

I have my roots done every 4 weeks at the hairdressers. And a full colour every 3rd visit. My grey hairs are mostly right at the front in my hairline and also right down my parting. So basically in the most noticeable of places!!

My hair is dark brown. I have experimented with light foils to give me a more natural look when it regrows and also to limit my trips to the hairdressers but lighter hair just doesn't feel like "me" so I'm back to getting it done dark once a month.

I hope when I am fully grey I will have this amazing grey, glamorous shade but somehow I think I'm dreaming!

Thanks
    Reviews

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (11-07-2016),Nomia  (11-07-2016),SuperGranny  (12-07-2016),YeahYeahYeah  (11-07-2016)