+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't speak for anyone else but it took about two weeks to notice any change in DD. There are a few odd weeks where I have to increase her dosage if she starts coughing again. However she is very good at taking her inhaler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have asthma myself which mainly shows as coughing, there is some direct help but it can take weeks. The drug which has been most magic to me is singulair, it's more commonly used in kids the adults. Tablet once per day, so easy and I've needed so much less other drugs since on it, just some puffers or pred in winter with colds.... Before it I was a mess often....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    To those who mentioned asthma, does the puffer work straight away? We don't know if DS has asthma or not (dad has). His wheeze still comes and goes despite using the puffer. Well, we have a hard time giving it to him but i would assume it will work straight away if it is asthma?
    I've found the reliever (eg. Ventolin) generally works straight away, although if DS is unwell we need to use it regularly (6 puffs, 4 breaths In-between every 3hrs). His preventative puffer (flixotide) we use twice daily - this doesn't stop him wheezing but it acts long term to reduce inflammation causing the wheezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds who's nearly 2yrs had croup/bronchitis a few weeks ago and was on prednisolone and ventolin as he was wheezing.
    It worked well. A few weeks later he still has the annoying cough, we have his humidifier on at night and use fess up his nose before bed. It helps.