+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im not sure how I feel about getting $ for doing chores though. I think we might just have pocket money as a given, just a token amount. And if they misbehave or don't pull their weight then they can have the pocket money withheld for that week as punishment? Is this kind of cruel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids get pocket money when we remember but the biggest rule is that it's not for food, lollies drinks etc as i view that as our responsibility as parents to provide that. It helps control them to stop them blowing it on lollies and slushies which I'd prefer them not to have. They're only 7 and 3 so it's toys and ds games atm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our kids get pocket money relative to their ages and needs. DD gets $5/week and has to take the scraps down to the compost and the rubbish and recycling downstairs to the bins.
    DSS is 12 and in high school. We decided he needed $15/week because he had to pay for his mobile phone credit. He has to wash the dishes every night.
    In general they also have to keep their rooms clean, clean up after themselves, fold and put their clothes away and put their lunch boxes away. I pay extra money for extra jobs eg. $1 and an hour of tv for shoveling the dog poo off the lawn and into the garden/ $1 for cleaning up the latest newspaper te dog has destroyed/ $1 for weeding.

DSS has recently decided to live with his mum, so we decreased his weekly pocket money to $5 as he is only here on weekends and his mum has increased his pocket money to reflect the jobs he does there.

Both kids also have a 'gap year' account which we put $10/week in that they don't know about. We will give them access to those accounts after high school so they can do a gap year overseas.