Any mummies with 3yo in brisbane | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any mummies with 3yo in brisbane

looking to relocate to brisbane. Want to ask some questions to mummies with 3 years old who is in brisbane, places to live, schools to go to, good parks. etc. thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it depends what you want to be close to??? We live in Rochedale South and are subject 15 minutes from the city (or 30 min in peak hour). It's easy access to the highway, great schools, close to the Gold Coast and has some fantastic parks (my 3 years old's favourite is Funderwood Hollow).

I work on the otherside of the city and most days in Peak Hour it takes 35 minutes. We have started getting some really great cafés in the area (Extraction Coffee and The Pantry are my favourite). My older kids go to a local Private School but there are other good options here too. Oh and it's only 20 minutes to the Bayside (Cleveland / Victoria Point etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're in Holland park w 2yo, probably slightly older homes on average than Rochedale, more 1950 vs 1980s.... But lots of parks, great access to gateway, freeway, Ipswich Rd ( ie all majors) and 7 min to city w/o traffic never more than 30 at worst.... I grew up next suburb down from Rochedale and I must admit I like it here much better... But it is also abut budget and where working too, if ur into good city schools closer in like Holland park is great.... Rent is actually relatively more expensive in the outer areas, but buying is relatively cheaper....any ideas on where ull be working? If city the closer is well worth it if u can, the difference to my life 4 those 10y I commuted would have been amazing, now I go south against traffic....so it's no problem....my hubby has worked in lots of places so the central location to the major arterials has been great....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Guys for the replies. My office will be on Queen St, in the city.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey seriously look at Holland park then it's awesome for commuting to city! Great busway! Or there's some other suburbs close my Gravatt east, Tarragindi, annerly... We're far enough out that there's no congestion on local rds at peak but close enough in to have no long commutes.... Pm if u want to chat..... Don't know much about Northside but know a fair bit about Southside....