Parental Leave | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Parental Leave

Hi all
    Single mum of 9 year old with one on the way. Bub number 2 was not planned and in a very sticky situation, remaining hopeful that we will work things out and something might develope however I need to look at the current situation.

Just before i found out I was pregnant after being told I wasn't I canceled my new start allowance as I had a full time job that wasn't paying me enough to stop my new start payments and causing more issues that's good. Eg working a 42 hr week but yet having to look for work cause I didn't earn enough in that job.

I have been putting away savings and trying to pay off debt as much as I can before Bub gets here but at the end of the day i won't have income once Bub gets here.

My question is I know I'm able to receive single parent payment and family tax a and b but will it just be maximum rate even with having a second child due to his age? As that seems to be what the calculators online tell me or is there a supplement I have to claim as well.

So confused I got sent forms of what I can claim and it was single parent, family tax, newborn, new start and parental leave 😩 Surely I can't get them all.

I'm just trying to work out how we will honestly live and if I'm better to once again go back to work straight after bubs born 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you meet the eligibility requirements for ppl then apply for that. It is not counted as income for SPP. Yes your paid max rate for ftb a and b and you'll get SPP but when you get ppl you don't get part b, that kicks in as soon as ppl runs out.

You can either get newborn payment or ppl...but ppl is way more money if you qualify.

If you get child support for your newborn then that's what could reduce your ftb. If you can't survive on spp and ftb then at least you have 18 weeka of ppl. Newborn payments for subsequent children are much lower than first...about $1000 less.

If your eligible for ppl...you can't go back to work after bubs is born till your ppl runs out...or it stops.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

2ndchancesuprise  (10-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your reply
    Hopefully I qualify. Newborn payment is much much less this time around then when I had my first son as it was $5000 back then which was great for living off for time off. Maybe I need to work out the difference between ppl spp and what I earn now and go from there. At least 18 weeks off with Bub would be lovely :-)