+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What To Buy First

Hello!!!

Yes! We will be having a baby!

Do you have a step-by-step plan every month on what to buy for your first baby!!!

Like August I will buy a clothes already? Or a diapers? Or milk?

I am super excited for our first born.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cspringer407 For This Useful Post:

Yoghurt  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought maternity pads, extra black cheap undies and started packing my hospital bag.

For bubs I got disposables when they were on special. A couple of boxes of newborns.

I didn't get anything else until almost 7 months - cot, linen, clothes etc.

I'd get books about birth and breastfeeding if you can, so you get an idea of what to expect

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

cspringer407  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Congrats on your pregnancy and first baby on the way! How exciting

I wouldn't bother buying too many clothes right away.. You will probably get a lot of gifts from family and friends before baby arrives. Maybe just buy some of the essentials closer to baby's arrival, and I also found if I saw something really cute in a store when I was out, I would buy it.

Nappies you won't need to buy until the last couple of months of your pregnancy. But even that can be bought by your partner when you're in hospital.

Things like furniture (cot, change table, tall boy) you would want to buy when you're still able to enjoy putting it all together. So maybe around 7 months..

Pram and car seat I would probably buy around 7-8 months. You'll want to get the car seat installed professionally but no point getting it in early because it takes up space in your car..

With the pram, you can keep a look out for sales and you can test out various prams at different stores, practice opening and closing them, pushing them and carrying them.

All the little bits and pieces that you need aside from the big stuff, you might get in a baby shower (if you're having one). Otherwise I would leave it til you're on Mat leave to give you something to do

ETA: if you don't get this as a gift, definitely invest in a breast pump. I loved the medela swing. Not sure if that's still available or best on the market but it was really good for both my boys, I got so much milk out! If you're planning to BF you might not need a pump, but various medical issues might prevent you from
    BFing so a pump is good if you still want to give baby breast milk.

Good luck! Happy spending
    Last edited by witherwings; 10-07-2016 at 08:52.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

cspringer407  (14-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!! Ooh thank you I join a forum to ask further. I forgot the hospital needs which is the most very important think to be in my list.

And I will buy books for my wife to read. This is really a tiring 9 months but it feels great!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would slowly buy as u find what u like or specials there's heaps to get and money aside it takes a lot of time....I started at about 12w looking at various items and bought them as I found them or specials etc... Tip most baby shops price match even online stores I found....
    I found shopping much harder as soon as I had Bub glad I went nuts when pregnant.....
    Good luck
    Yep I second a pump I have Medela maxi swing, but I've heard good things abut spectra too.... Dual pumping is advisable if ur returning to work... But I pumped from early on too for supply since my Bub wasn't interested if I didn't have much.... He took off at 10w and still bf (2y) .....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you guys!!! I first settle all our needs in the hospital, and I am focusing on making my wife happy and giving all her needs for the meantime so she could have all the emotions and vitamins directly given to the baby. I want a healthy and a happy little kid.

Its her schedule nextweek to see our doctor. I will come and go with here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Also keep in mind what season your baby will be likely born in.

DD was born in winter and ran quite cold as well. I was constantly having to buy her thicker onesies and singlets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats!
    I didn't buy anything...everything was kindly given to us by friends
    My ds is 3months and I still havnt had to buy him anything apart Dom nappies and formula!
    Careful if you do buy clothes,my ds grows out of one size after 2/3weeks!
    Just buy cheap stuff-babies don't need anything fancy