+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need reassurance - bleeding/cramping at 6w3d

I have been having mild cramping and off for the last 2 weeks but today I have had some bleeding too. Not much, and not red (more pinkish I guess) but it's really causing me anxiety!

Has anyone had this and it been fine? I did have sex last night, which according to Google can cause bleeding early on. I won't be able to see my dr until Monday. Still have super sore boobs and really tired which have been my main symptoms thus far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I had bleeding and yes it was fine. I don't much about this but unless there is loads of blood with clots in, then I think it's generally ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have had plenty of bleeding on and off in my first trimester. sex can definitely cause it, wasn't the case for me. As long as it's not a lot, bright red or heavy clots, try to relax and hopefully it passes. I'm half way now and still check the toilet paper when I wipe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had sudden onset of red bleeding just past 12 weeks and was sure it was a m/c of our IVF ICSI first bub. I spent hours in tears getting scanned at emergency to find all was ok. DS has just turned 5 years old a couple of weeks ago. A very strong memory for me to this day. Hugs to you, hopefully this will give you another positive story like the previous posters that will help you through until you can see your dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bleeding around 5 weeks with my daughter. It was super scary. I had to have blood tests a couple of days apart to check HCG because it was too early for an ultrasound.

I also get a lot of cramping early on in pregnancy. It is usually my first pregnancy symptom!

Sending you lots of positive thoughts. I would get yourself to a doctor as soon as you can for some reassurance.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had bleeding on and off for 16 weeks. It was scary and I can't remember the number of times we went to the hospital for scans. DS is nearly 2. I had brown blood, pink blood and bright red blood.
    On one scan they identified a bleed in my uterus not connected to Bub at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! That is what I needed to hear. It has stopped and my HPT says I'm still pregnant lol so I feel a bit better. Does anyone else text regularly just to check?! I'm trying to wean myself off doing it every day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, same thing happened to be but my private saw on the same day. she scanned and I saw the hear beating so I felt calm very quickly. I think it's good he's available all the time and would drop everything down to see you on time.
    One of my friends told me she went to another ob in sunnybank who charges 100 per scan! so my ob does them for free which is nice.
    He reassured me the bleeding should settle down but might take a bit longer than usual. He spent enough time to make me relaxed, and he is very approachable.It's nice when you can just pop into the rooms and get a quick scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled with both of my previous pregnancies. With my first, I bled on and off since about week 5 until week 9.
    With my second baby I bled on and off from week 5 until week 10.
    I had healthy babies both times.

I'm currently pregnant with my third, about 6 weeks since LMP, currently awaiting the spotting lol.

I wouldn't worry too much at this stage but maybe you could organise an ultrasound. The hospital with usually do them if you go in and say you're bleeding.