+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Mini pill

Hi I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not.

I started taking the mini pill just after my dd was born & she turned 1 the other week.

Everything had been going fine while taking this pill until about a month & a half ago. I've had so much bleeding on & off during the last 4 or so weeks it's been so heavy (so sorry for tmi!) & just constant.

I was just wanting to see if others who had taken the pill had experienced the same thing or not? Before getting pregnant with dd I did have a lot of endometriosis removed & was told that at some point it would come back. Anyway I'm just trying to figure out if the bleeding could be caused by endo or if I should change pills? DH & I have discussed trying for another baby soon (even though dd was ivf) so might even stop taking it altogether just yet.

Anyone's experiences on this pill would be appreciated! I'm so over the constant heavy bleeding, it's no fun at all & I feel like I'm always bloated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I took the mini pill from when DD was born to just after she turned 2. I had no issues with it, but my GP kept telling me I should change to a normal pill as I was no longer breastfeeding and it wouldn't be very effective.
    When on normal pills, I got a migraine most months with my period. I never had one while on the mini pill, hence my reluctance to change.

Probably worth going to GP and getting checked. Coz bleeding like that doesn't sound normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've only been on the mini pill for 2 months PP and my normally incredibly heavy periods with headaches and hardcore cramping (think pain so bad I used to pass out) are like 1 or 2 days bleeding now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't used it PP, but did try it about 10 years ago when I couldn't use the combined pill for a while. It was the absolute pits! Fortunately I had light bleeding only, but it was basically just constant. After about 2 months I gave up - I just couldn't stand it anymore. (It seemed like its biggest contraceptive effect was by stopping you from ever being able to DTD!)

I'd definitely see a doctor about it and also ask for a blood test to check your iron levels after so much bleeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took the mini pill after my pregnancies too. I bleed on and off throughout and it drove me insane. My dr said bleeding was really common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same for me. I took it after ds1 and had constant spotting. Hated it. Was on the normal pill for about 10 years before with no issues and now have the mirena with no periods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been on mini pill since ds 7w, now 2y on weekend! No period until a few months back and now irregular, dr says since I'm still bf my body is still not quite sure if cycling.... If not ttc soon the mirena would be heaps better esp w endo, I just haven't gotton around to it.... I really should.... It's great for endo, stopping periods and ok w Bf.....