+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    We're museum members so have cheap entry into the dinosaurs. To be honest it's not a whole day thing. With a 21/2 year old ( speaking from experience) you'll be lucky to stretch it to 45 mins.
    It's tiny and whilst there's some interaction it's aimed at older kids.
    Oh. Thank you for letting me know. Even more to think about now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gold Coast is cheaper and closer to Brisbane than sunny coast if u are wanting beach....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Australia zoo is almost half way between Sunshine Coast and Brisbane, definitely a full day activity but great for a 2 year old and interesting enough for adults too - you would want to have a stroller/pram as it's quite big and I would probably stay in Caloundra which is the closest beachside/holiday (family friendly) town to the zoo.

It really depends whether you're after relaxed holiday destination or a city stay. Obviously lots to do in the city as mentioned in the posts above but they're 2 very different 'holidays'.

I wouldn't agree with the above poster, I think the Gold Coast is more expensive. Then it really depends on where on the sunshine coast you want to stay (ie Caloundra is much cheaper than Noosa). And the beaches at Caloundra, Mooloolaba and Noosa are all quite sheltered and more suited to young children (moreso than the wide open GC beaches which are better for surfers/older kids).

Underwater world at Mooloolaba is great for kids but only for a few hours - half day at the most. But the beach is right there so an easy relaxed option also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think we are leaning more towards Sunshine Coast now. We are thinking of spending the day at the zoo. I haven't been for many years and DF and DS have never been. DS loves animals so I think it would interest him. Thanks @sunnygirl79 I'll look at accommodation in Caloundra. Overwhelmed looking at accommodation lol
    We will be taking our smaller stroller, our car seat, 2 suitcases and of course.. The golf clubs so having a stroller is no problem. I wasn't planning to take it but if we are doing the zoo is prefer to have it.

If anyone knows of nice accommodation around Caloundra (but not a fortune) I'd love to know. I'll be looking at trip.advisor all day most likely lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are only going to be here for two days I would look around golden beach. There is the Gemini resort which is right on the beach. This beach doesn't have wave do would be perfect for your son. Or look at Kings beach area. They all have pools but there is the beach pool and some really good rock pools on low tide there.
    (You would think that I would know of other place seeing as I live here lol)
    Or there is the oaks resort, I don't know much about his one but they have a mini water park. There is also a really nice big 4 caravan park which they have done up with cabins, has pool and lots for kids to do being a big 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely check out Oaks resort. I haven't stayed there personally but the water park is supposed to be great and it's family friendly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you've only got 2 nights and 1 full day free I'd be going to Brisbane. Best of both worlds. Depending where you stay aswell. We go up quite often to see family friends. Next trip is xmas and where at Bridgewater terraces in an apt. Ferry is right out the front door. A few stops and your at Southbank which is great for kids of all ages even the big ones like us . The beach there is great as is the newish playground that has been put in aswell. Always something to do there.

Also depends on what time your flights are to head home after the 2nd night aswell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oaks at Caloundra is really good. We stayed there a few months ago and dd didnt want to leave their water park

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 girls 1 boy View Post
    If you are only going to be here for two days I would look around golden beach. There is the Gemini resort which is right on the beach. This beach doesn't have wave do would be perfect for your son. Or look at Kings beach area. They all have pools but there is the beach pool and some really good rock pools on low tide there.
    (You would think that I would know of other place seeing as I live here lol)
    Or there is the oaks resort, I don't know much about his one but they have a mini water park. There is also a really nice big 4 caravan park which they have done up with cabins, has pool and lots for kids to do being a big 4
    I would recommend somewhere at Golden Beach with a 2 year old as well. It is directly opposite the northern end of Bribie Island and the water is dead flat - perfect for a 2 year old. It's been ages since I've been up that way, but I'm pretty sure Oaks resort is close to Golden Beach.