+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I would assume it is the insurance that has increased? If so, shop around a bit. There may be a slightly cheaper one.

Otherwise that is fairly standard for rego/insurance for us. We have 2 cars too.
    Yes. Insurance has been added. We don't have the choice to pay it or not. Its part of the rego now!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    It always sucks to be paying more, but I think the bigger question is - how can people who are catastrophically injured in a car accident afford it, if there's no insurance scheme?
    I just think we should have the choice to pay it or not...like any other insurance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default WTH...car licencing cost

Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Yes. Insurance has been added. We don't have the choice to pay it or not. Its part of the rego now!!!
    Most of Australia is like this. I think WA was a bit behind the times.

From memory we pay about $900 per car.
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 09-07-2016 at 17:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just think we should have the choice to pay it or not...like any other insurance
    Its compulsory as it protects third parties. If you were at fault in an accident and you did not have CTP you would be out of pocket for all repairs for the other person. Or medical bills if it is a pedestrian.
    Last edited by twinklify; 09-07-2016 at 17:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    But I don't have the choice of whether or not you hit me with your car. That's ridiculous. It's insurance for the benefit of 3rd parties and to stop you going bankrupt if you're uninsured.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-07-2016),babyno1onboard  (09-07-2016),ExcuseMyFrench  (09-07-2016),Gentoo  (09-07-2016),KitiK  (09-07-2016),Lincolns mummy  (09-07-2016),rusty22  (09-07-2016),WaitRose  (09-07-2016),yadot  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But I don't have the choice of whether or not you hit me with your car. That's ridiculous. It's insurance for the benefit of 3rd parties and to stop you going bankrupt if you're uninsured.
    Exactly. This insurance helped really good friends of mine who were badly injured while holidaying in Tasmania. She had many surgeries and spent months in hospital but didn't have to spend a cent...
    She wasn't covered by Medicare either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In Vic, the insurance we pay with rego is just to cover personal injury (not sure about whether it's for yourself & others or just others). Medical treatment from car accidents I don't believe is covered by Medicare - this is why it is compulsory. Why should someone else suffer with huge medical bills that you may or may not pay (as well as probably property damage given if you chose not to insure for injury it is likely that you wouldn't insure for property damage either) if you are at fault in an accident? For that reason I also think that at least third party property damage insurance (costs $20/month for my car) should be compulsory also.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (09-07-2016),babyno1onboard  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default WTH...car licencing cost

Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    In Vic, the insurance we pay with rego is just to cover personal injury (not sure about whether it's for yourself & others or just others). Medical treatment from car accidents I don't believe is covered by Medicare - this is why it is compulsory. Why should someone else suffer with huge medical bills that you may or may not pay (as well as probably property damage given if you chose not to insure for injury it is likely that you wouldn't insure for property damage either) if you are at fault in an accident? For that reason I also think that at least third party property damage insurance (costs $20/month for my car) should be compulsory also.
    Exactly this.

I couldn't drive a car without at least third party insurance, I'd be so terrified of reversing into a Lamborghini or something. And as for not being able to pay for some poor persons medical bills and/or disability support, that would be an even worse situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I'm in WA.
    Except now its nearly $800 a year
    Frick. I did hear it was going up. I just paid my rego a couple of months ago. Wow that's a lot more than we are used to paying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It covers anyone who has an road accident.