+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm another with no positive experience. I had a 5 hr flight when I was about 20 weeks along, and past the morning sickness stage. I thought I'd be fine obviously as my morning sickness had been gone for 6 weeks, however, I got terrible motion sickness. I've flown hundreds of times before and never been air sick, and wow, it hit me bad and was horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I'm another with no positive experience. I had a 5 hr flight when I was about 20 weeks along, and past the morning sickness stage. I thought I'd be fine obviously as my morning sickness had been gone for 6 weeks, however, I got terrible motion sickness. I've flown hundreds of times before and never been air sick, and wow, it hit me bad and was horrible.
    I also got horrible motion sickness throughout my pregnancy and I normally do not get it! It was horrible! I did not fly but the car was bad enough (my MS did not ease up until 18 weeks or so and even then had nausea throughout my pregnancy)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a stomach flu when I flew overseas for our wedding ( no chance to change dates) and vomited constantly. It was only a 4 hour flight and it wasn't great for me or those around me.
    Dehydration is a really big concern, flying makes you dehydrated as it is, not to mention the loss of fluids with vomiting

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definitely postpone if you could. I had HG in my first pregnancy, while living in the UK. I flew over to Perth when I was 8 weeks which wasn't too bad but when I flew home (10 hours Perth to Dubai and then 10 hours Dubai to London) I still remember it being one of the worst days of my life! (Sorry). I was so dehydrated and remember lying on the floor of Dubai airport waiting for my next flight. I honestly don't know how I made it through.
    I would maybe plan to travel later in your pregnancy - like around 20 weeks if you can get the appropriate insurance. You're more likely to be feeling better. Or wait until bub arrives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies, so much appreciated!

As much as I would love to postpone, my husband and I work together and unfortunately this is the only chance we can get this time off together until this time next year! I've checked with my travel insurance and my pregnancy and any issues will be covered in the U.S. My doctor has also given me the name and address of another doctor close to the airport who is happy to drip me on the morning of my flight so I am nice and hydrated.

As I said, this will be the only time my husband and I will be able to do this sans child. I think we will go, and I will update on how terrible or (hopefully) not so terrible the flight is!! Thanks again xx