+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Watch for a 7yo??

My DS has been asking for a watch for a few months now. His birthday is coming up, so while I'm a bit worried he will lose it, I thought I might get one for him and just say he's not to wear it to school!

Are there any good ones that will help I'm tell the time? I thought a face one might be better than digital, but there's so many options, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has used a good one for their kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd say don't get anything too expensive because if your little one is anything like mine, it will be lost because they keep taking it on and off! I think smiggle make some really cool ones, theyre digital and light up when you press the face. I remember as a child I had flik flak watches. They had analogue faces but they were really cute!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree on the cheap! There's one that keeps popping up in my FB feed that looks good, but it's not cheap! It didn't think to look on eBay until after I posted, but I found one on there that looks ok and was only $18. So bought it
    Last edited by Californication; 09-07-2016 at 21:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely agree with inexpensive...my DS has had a lot of watches.. kids just can't seem to leave them on full time and then can't remember where it was taken off. My DS liked the Smiggle one, but it got banned in the classroom as the lights kept distracting him, and probably everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    http://www.ebay.com.au/bhp/time-teacher-watch

I bought one of these for my dyscalculic boy and if was a sanity saver.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    to be honest - I just bought my daughter a cheapie from ebay. She loves it

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

I just bought dd1 a watch I got a rip curl one for $100 she's really good with looking after things she is 10 in November ( she's had a few cheap ones before that she looked after well)
    Dd2 8 this year would get a cheap one because she's shocking at look after things !!!
    I also went with the face to help teach her the time rather than digital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My son got a watch when he turned 8. Was only a $20 from kmart. It lasted 9 months. Then I went out and bought him a good one as the one from kmart actually broke and my son really looked after it. His current one is a watch with just the face so no digital time. He won't go anywhere without it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My son got his first watch at 6 to wear to school. It wasn't cheap, I think about $100. He has worn it everyday for the last two years and now he is able to tell the time properly. We bought it from a jewellers (I can't think which one) on the outside of the watch it says past time/ to time, great to learn how to tell the time. I didn't think there was any point to him wearing a watch, if he didn't learn how to read the clock face. His 8th birthday has just past, and he picked a colourful swatch watch although it doesn't have any of the learning tools of the previous watch.ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468019918.395708.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews

Have a look on eBay search for 'time teaching watches' there are lots to choose from. Wearing it to school will mean he gets used to reading it faster.