+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby carriers jetstar

I guess this is a whinge post more than anything.

I did my due diligence before getting on my flight to Brisbane and read on the jetstar website that I could wear my baby in a carrier when boarding and leaving the plane as well as on board but only when the seatbelt sign was not on. I used my woven wrap.

So I got on the flight and was abused by one of the attendants who said in these words "If you die and I can't get your baby off you, it's your fault". I asked to see their manual and in it it said as I had stated above. Needless to say she was a complete bum to me the whole flight.

Has anyone else had this issue when flying??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow some peoplehave no customer service skills!!
    I have never had a problem using a carrier but I always flew with Virgin and they were awesome.
    I have flown Jetstar with a toddler and their staff were horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woah I'm hoping not to have that issue in a couple of weeks flying to Bali with Jetstar.
    I'd be reporting that, but I don't take kindly to offhand remarks about death like that.
    Sorry you had to deal with a nasty person like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow. That's so bad. I flew Jetstar not long ago with a toddler and baby. I had the baby in the carrier one and off the plane. No one said anything to me at all.
    I found the inflight staff pretty good too. I think it just depends on the day and who you get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a biarch to me. I've flown with them and never will again with kids. I just to carry DS and use the seatbelt they provide and hold him the entire flight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I flown a few times with DD and the staff have all been very pleasant and accommodating.

Your experience sounds terrible. What an awful thing to say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They made me take DD out of the carrier just for takeoff & landing. The staff explained that we had to use the baby seatbelt due to regulations. This was in June Jetstar to Bali.
    I just pulled the shoulders off and left it around my waist, ready to pull back up afterwards. Have done this with both Jetstar & Qantas now.
    Seems to be the only consistent policy with carriers.
    On our recent trip to Bali I was allowed to leave DD in the carrier through all security checkpoints, but last year (domestic travel) was made to take her out & put the carrier thru the X-ray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was travelling alone with 3 children and a baby as well. Wearing my baby was a godsend. When I needed to take me 4 year old to the bathroom, the attendant was sitting in her allocated seat at the back of the plane near the toilet. She saw me and said "you can't go in there with your baby, there are only 2 oxygen masks" so I said "it's okay I'll stand outside the door. She closed her curtain and said loudly to the attendant next to her" she's just going to stand there with the door open with her baby attached to her." he wasn't wrapped on me at this time and I said "he's not attached to me" and she said "holding him, whatever"

It was so bad one of her colleagues even felt the need to apologise on her behalf!

I should make a complaint only I can't remember her name. All I remember is that it started with N.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I was travelling alone with 3 children and a baby as well. Wearing my baby was a godsend. When I needed to take me 4 year old to the bathroom, the attendant was sitting in her allocated seat at the back of the plane near the toilet. She saw me and said "you can't go in there with your baby, there are only 2 oxygen masks" so I said "it's okay I'll stand outside the door. She closed her curtain and said loudly to the attendant next to her" she's just going to stand there with the door open with her baby attached to her." he wasn't wrapped on me at this time and I said "he's not attached to me" and she said "holding him, whatever"

It was so bad one of her colleagues even felt the need to apologise on her behalf!

I should make a complaint only I can't remember her name. All I remember is that it started with N.
    Oh my gosh what on earth does she expect you to do with your baby while you help another little one to the toilet?!?! I'm sure they could identify her from the flight number, a name starting with N and a physical description.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll try making a complaint then. If anything it would be great if they could educate their staff regarding baby carriers and if they require ones that unclip only they cN specify that on the website. Would save those travelling with children a lot of pain when asked not to do something they had previously thought was okay!