How much does your DH help around the house? | Page 6 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Housework has been a big issue for us as he was never made to do it when he was growing up. His dad always did the 'mens jobs' outside and his mum did everything inside. He has gotten a bit better over time but I still do 90%. If I give him precise instructions to do something then he will eventully get around to it in a few days but lve learnt not to get too worked up about it.

Last night he asked where one of his shirts was, so i told him that it was in the dryer but it should be finished now. So he rummaged through the clothes in the dryer and found his shirt and then left the rest of the load sitting in the machine for me to take out and fold. Frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am very lucky. My DH does a lot around the house. He is a shift worker so I do most of it simply because of his roster, but on his days off he does everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dh does his share around the house just like I do. I cook dinner most nights because I'm home first but then he cleans the kitchen every night. We share all the other housework pretty evenly. I'd be super annoyed if he ever suggested he was helping me around the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Not including outside....hmmmm not a lot. I do all the meal planning, food shopping and cooking (DH does make the kids breakfast 5-6 mornings a week though.

I pay all the bills, manage the paperwork etc for our development properties, I do the washing, vacuuming, mopping, clean the bathrooms, change the sheets, stack and unload the dishwasher, take the rubbish from the house to the bin (he puts them out but often forgets)

He does all of his own ironing, sometimes puts on a load of washing, sometimes folds a load of washing, sometimes starts the dish washer, some times unpacks it and sometimes tidies up.

He works 5 days a week, I work 3.

Oh how I wish I had his life!

Only reason I let him get away with it, is because he does work long hours in a very stressful job and does work in the evenings maybe 2-3 nights a week.

As soon as he gets a different job thats not as stressful and he no longer needs to bring work home, I'll be insisting he does more. If he kicks up a stink I'll just do less until he pulls his finger out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work full time, DH is a SAHD, but we also have a nanny that helps 2 x 1/2 days a week and kids go to childcare 3 days a week, so really, he is only with the kids on his own 2 x 1/2 days a week plus we are all together on weekends (he used to spend the whole week with DS2 when I went back to FT work before DS2 started childcare).

He tidies up every day, does laundry regularly, takes rubbish out, and does grocery shopping half the time. He occasionally cooks too. I do all the dishwasher stacking and washing up when needed. The nanny does all the folding and she also cleans the kitchen and bathroom on the days she's here.

Our house is pretty clean and tidy and I never feel like housework is a chore because it's pretty evenly shared, and the nanny helps so much as well.

DH is going to go back to PT work as a financial planner (self-employed) at the end of this month so he won't have as much time to do housework but as he's a neat freak, I'm sure he won't let things get too out of control.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both work and Dh does a lot. Cooks dinner most nights and will hang out washing if I ask. Cleans bench up and gets ds ready for bed before I get home. Also drops him daily at daycare if I'm unavailable or picks him up too if I'm feeling lazy. I am lucky to have him. He does most outside too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH does more than me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH will take the garbage bag out to the bin maybe 3 days a week. Every couple of weeks he puts the bins out.

If he actually gets any of his clothes in the washing basket or brings his plate to the bench after dinner then I would consider that a huge win for me. Maybe once a week each both of those atm. I'm pregnant with 2 kids already and lately it's starting to get to me that he doesn't help a little more. Even just being tidy with his own clothes after he wears them (he will leave them wherever he takes them off!) or picking up the bowls and stuff he leaves in the lounge room would be great. (I wake up in the morning and have to clean up lolly wrappers and chip packets from off of our lounge sometimes!)

I work 3 days a fortnight. He works around 55hrs a week. I understand I don't work nearly as much as him, but I still work. I think because I do work a small percentage of the time he works then he would do a similar small percentage of work around the house.