+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did a second pregnancy test and it came back negative. Question??

Hi, a week ago I had symtoms of spotting. This has never happened before. It was a few spots of blood and no period.. so I took a pregnancy test then. Came back negative. Waited a week and took one this morning. Still negative is it too early to be getting a positive result?? Me partner and I have been trying for a baby all month....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikki888 For This Useful Post:

lilsushi  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When was your last recorded period? are your cycles generally regular?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My last period was over a month ago. And I never had the spotting like that before?? Only once recently has my period been irregular. It comes at the end of month to the start of next. I just don't know if it is too early to tell if I am? Should I wait another week?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did a second pregnancy test and it came back negative. Question??

Same thing is happening to me my last period was over a month ago and a little over a week ago I had the tiniest spot of blood when I wiped.. I did a hpt the day before I was due last week and came back negative and I've done hpt earlier this week and still negative and I a blood test was negative my doctor told me to wait another 2 weeks and if nothing's happened to go back to her for another blood test.. Also the past couple of days I've had ewcm.. My cycle is usually pretty regular as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your period is overdue and you're getting neg tests you're probably not preg, but I would go to see your GP and get bloods done just to be sure. Sometimes people get negatives when pregnant as the above poster has said!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a feeling that it is something more. I have never had the spotting like this happen before and there be no period to come soon after. It was happening for a day or two. Not alot of blood just small amount when wiped. Didn't have to wear a pad ect. I don't even have cramps like its coming?? And the other reason why I think I may be pregnant is because my partner and I have been trying the past month. I did read somewhere to do a test two weeks after spotting and it was only one week. We have been hoping to be pregnant. Thats why I'm so concerned. I want to find out asap! lol.. It helps to hear others are going through the same as me. Even though its a pain in the butt not knowing!!! I'm going to wait one more week do another hpt and then if af hasn't come I will get a blood test I would like to stay in contact with the people who are going through the same as me. So we can see what happens

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood test is the only way to go. Just go this weekend to a clinic to get it done. As for the spotting if you've only just come off using contraception a month ago your body still be adjusting to find its way so to speak

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Blood test is the only way to go. Just go this weekend to a clinic to get it done. As for the spotting if you've only just come off using contraception a month ago your body still be adjusting to find its way so to speak
    I don't want to have a blood test too early. Also I've been off the pill for over a year now. So I don't think its that..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki888 View Post
    I don't want to have a blood test too early. Also I've been off the pill for over a year now. So I don't think its that..
    I had a blood test before AF was even due and it clearly showed I was pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki888 View Post
    You can have blood tests right on 4weeks you give you results otherwise it's going to drive you crazy by just leaving it