+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default NBN Box next to bed

Chatting to a friend about the NBN tonight and she was shocked when I told her our NBN box is next to our bed.

It's behind our side table so you can't see the lights.

I do remember the installation guy said he needed my signature to put it in the bedroom because customers have complained about the lights flashing in the past. My friend said the reason I had to sign was because its really bad for your health. Wtf?!

According to her, it's very dangerous and will be giving us some kind of radiation poisoning as we sleep with it on all night close to our heads. My babies also sleep with us most nights

Anyhoo, don't want to google this and freak myself out even more so thought I'd ask here. If you have the nbn is it in your bedroom?

Hubby is away for work but when he gets back I think I may have to chat to him about moving it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default NBN Box next to bed

No idea about nbn but funny you ask because our wifi modem is in DD1's bedroom and I felt funny about it but was listening to Dr Karl on ABC radio one day and someone rang up and asked that exact question. Modems don't emit any radiation at all. So perfectly safe.

Apparently it's because they run through cables and are not emitting devices as we understand the word to mean.

Not sure if this is the same for nbn.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

yadot  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    There you go my quick Google said more radiation emitted when charging a mobile. All good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

yadot  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never really thought of the radiation/emissions. I did have our modem router in the bedroom a few years ago until I moved house. I had to hide it as the lights woke me up and I started sleepwalking. Waking up in the wardrobe thinking I was in the bathroom was really scary