+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Travel Pram - yoyo, nano, pockit?

It looks like I will be making a trip by myself with my 12 month old daughter next month. Flight includes a short stopover each way so 4 flights all up. Did I mention by myself 😁 I am thinking about how I will get DD around. Obviously I will have check-in luggage and a nappy bag for plane. I have an ergo which I may use but tbh my pelvis and back are stuffed and I can barely walk as it is so carrying DD in the carrier may not be physically possible. I have a baby jogger versa Pram no way in hell im taking that 11kg monster with me so I'm thinking of getting a purpose travel Pram that can go on the plane with me (as in carry on luggage not checked in). That way I can wheel her right on and just have a small bag for on the plane with nappies, food, toys. Phew.
    I'm looking at either:
    Babyzen yoyo (most $$)
    Mountain buggy nano
    GB Pockit (new on the market and tiny)
    All of these are small enough to take as carry on luggage so I can take DD right to the plane and not worry about carrier.
    Does anyone have one of these prams and are you happy with them?
    Thanks lovelies 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing. Doing this in 6 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have any of the strollers but I would be checking with the airline your flying with first about taking a stroller on board as most of them state that the strollers need to be checked in as buns can only take 1 piece of carry on like adults but checked in luggage they can have a few. I took DS to Vanuatu when he was 2 and bought one of those cheapie $20 strollers and just left it behind at the resort we stayed at for the house keeper that made up our room each day as she had 2 small kids and no stroller

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I don't have any of the strollers but I would be checking with the airline your flying with first about taking a stroller on board as most of them state that the strollers need to be checked in as buns can only take 1 piece of carry on like adults but checked in luggage they can have a few. I took DS to Vanuatu when he was 2 and bought one of those cheapie $20 strollers and just left it behind at the resort we stayed at for the house keeper that made up our room each day as she had 2 small kids and no stroller
    They can go on board - 1 Nappy bag plus the stroller (which all fold up super compact to meet airline requirements) so that's not an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had a yoyo and sold it for a nano

The yoyo was good but had more negatives for me. The seat didn't sit up far enough, the shoulder straps were to loose so he could get himself out easy, the seat wasn't deep enough and my DS hated sitting in it.

The nano I'm not keen on the brake system if your going down hill your foot can put the brake on and also the hood doesn't offer much protection. The nano straps are better and the basket I've found is a bit bigger plus the foot rest is moveable.

Personally I've found checking the pram in a lot easier then taking it on. The yoyo is technically the only one that folds up to completely fit in overhead compartment. The nano will but you need to take the wheels off. Some check in staff won't let you take it on no matter how small you say it will fold to. They also can say well that's your only carry on your allowed so a handbag also and that's it. When you check in leave it folded up and sometimes they don't ask about it.

You really need to try them both out and see which one you prefer. I have a bigger pram but use my nano for everything. Also if you want a yoyo second hand there is a Facebook page dedicated to selling them

7. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the Mountain Buggy Nano and it's great! I now use it as our shopping pram.

We took the wheels off the first time we flew and packed them in the bag the pram came with. After that we left them on and it was fine in the overhead locker.

Good luck with the flights!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emeraldsandsiamonds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by two souls View Post
    I've had a yoyo and sold it for a nano

The yoyo was good but had more negatives for me. The seat didn't sit up far enough, the shoulder straps were to loose so he could get himself out easy, the seat wasn't deep enough and my DS hated sitting in it.

The nano I'm not keen on the brake system if your going down hill your foot can put the brake on and also the hood doesn't offer much protection. The nano straps are better and the basket I've found is a bit bigger plus the foot rest is moveable.

Personally I've found checking the pram in a lot easier then taking it on. The yoyo is technically the only one that folds up to completely fit in overhead compartment. The nano will but you need to take the wheels off. Some check in staff won't let you take it on no matter how small you say it will fold to. They also can say well that's your only carry on your allowed so a handbag also and that's it. When you check in leave it folded up and sometimes they don't ask about it.

You really need to try them both out and see which one you prefer. I have a bigger pram but use my nano for everything. Also if you want a yoyo second hand there is a Facebook page dedicated to selling them
    Good advice about the yoyo thanks.
    I do need to take it on not check it in as my DD is not walking and I physically can't hold her for an hour or so between check in and boarding and during stopovers walking through airports. I won't be taking a bag on board aside from a small nappy bag for DDs essentials so it doesn't bother me sacrificing carry on bag for Pram. I travel light
    I have had a quick look in the shops but will make a special trip and try all 3 out again. The new pockit looks amazing in terms of size but it's a very very basic Pram.
    When I looked at the nano it looked like pushing it wouldn't be comfortable with the handle so close to the canopy, did you find this was an issue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The canopy can get in the way but we mostly walk with the canopy folded out so its not an issue.

I definitely don't miss my yoyo over the nano and for the price you can't go past it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't found the handle/canopy an issue on the nano.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to emeraldsandsiamonds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could call your airline, we were provided with an airport pram when we travelled with a 12mo. Took it from check in to the gate.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to YeahYeahYeah For This Useful Post: