+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeah View Post
    I'm a believer of the 4th trimester and that our babies so desperately need our closeness at that age. Hold & cuddle your bub if your happy to, it will pass before you know it. Soak in their beauty as they sleep peacefully.

Would also suggest baby wearing for day sleeps.

Worry about it in a few months IF sleep becomes a problem for you & your partner rather than those around you.
    You share my exact opinion- I'm all about the 4th trimester. My family all think I'm a hippy when I talk about it haha, but it makes so much sense to me. Especially since DD was 2 weeks late.

I need to get a hang of the baby wearing, bubs came out bigger and longer than I expected!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    Go with what suits you. I did all the 'right' things. I researched non stop and made sure we were doing all the recommended things for good sleep habits. My DD had a good bed time routine from just a few weeks old. She's 4.5 months now and we've just called a sleep consultant to come and save us. She wakes up to 10 times a night and can't nap longer than half an hour during the day. It doesn't matter what you do half the time, your baby will be how it wants to be. If it's working for you roll with it and enjoy it.! The only regret I have is stressing about doing the right thing. It got us nowhere.
    My absolute favourite thing about bubhub is the honesty. It helps so much to hear this type of advice so thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes baby wearing! It saved my life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 weeks is still so young!! How is bubs doing now? xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's pushing 6 weeks and is doing really well, particularly at night. Bed sharing has saved our lives!! She self settles next to me at pretty much the same time every evening and sleeps in two 3 or 4 hour blocks. I wouldn't be able to survive if we hadn't adapted our little night time routine, it's so nice to be able to sleep!

Daytime is still difficult as she is so easily stimulated and difficult to get to sleep for more than a cat nap. When we're home we both go to bed for a nap and she tends to sleep for a lot longer that way, but when we want to go out it's much more difficult. She is too interested in the world around her to sleep for more than 10 mins! I'm hoping that stops as she grows up.

But yeah, for sure learning more about safe bed sharing and giving into my instinct to do it has been the best thing (including my relationship with DH). I'm not worrying about routines or sleep associations anymore - I'm confident we can learn new ones as she gets older and eventually have her in her own cot one day.

Thanks for checking in

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Renbird For This Useful Post:

YeahYeahYeah  (20-07-2016)