Closed Thread
Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Montaz -4 fertilised embryos is good hun!
    Rest up and like the others have said- plenty of fluids and plenty of toilet trips. Everything is going smoothly for u and I'm sure it will continue as so. @Giraffez- I understand. The best thing is not to overthink it. Forget about it, treat it like its another procedure and you won't have ur hopes crushed when the time comes with bad news. Been there hun. It's self preservation. Each negative cycle that went by, I felt like I lost a bit of myself. So each cycle that arrives, I'm like meh. Pre- ivf Hubby avoids me when af arrives because normally I would be a raging biatch...haha ( who isn't) but since ivf, I've been more..approachable...haha.. I think it has something to do with me being pragmatic about the whole process.. ok the witch is here, what can I change up nxt cycle? Dont get me wrong.. I've had my fair share of crying to myself crouched in the corner of the kitchen..but hang in there... dig deep to find hope to carry on.
    I hope the wait isn't much longer hun.. for you and for everyone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Giraffez  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with primary IVF #4

I agree @tjuls - I think we have all been in that dark hole one way or another.

Sending you the biggest hugs @Giraffez, I think people who don't struggle with the same infertility problems simply don't know how emotionally tough it is. Even now, I still can't get over the scars that this journey has left me. There were times I just wanted to crawl into a corner and die, especially when people around me seem to be dropping babies like its nothing. And you wonder why it's so unfair. More than once, i have felt that the carpet was ripped from under my feet and even now, I still feel paranoid about everything (my OB tries so hard not to I think).

And that's why I ❤️❤️ this little group that we have - ladies who understand each other, are non judgemental and are so supportive of each other. I really treasure the many friends I have found on here and continue to admire everyone's strength. It's the only way I have kept my sanity intact during this long and tough journey.

To you and everyone who is still on this journey, we are here for you and for each other. ❤️
    Xoxo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

Giraffez  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls that's fantastic to hear that all is going well! I hope it all continues on smoothly! Very exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Montaz @tjuls @VickyP thanks everyone feel so lucky to be part of this group hugz

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls you said that primary Struggles with poor responders but how do you know if you are a poor responder? I've only had one cycle so wouldn't have a clue! I have my FS apt on Thursday and want to be asking the right questions. Has anyone with low AMH had luck with Primary?

And congrats @Emmy85 those lines look great!!

Agree with you @Giraffez, this little group is amazing and makes the whole journey just that bit easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SimSam8- different clinics have different definitions of poor responders. I don't know what Primary's uses but generally the ivf world defines it is a woman who has 2-3 eggs retrieved at EPU, one cycle of this is enough to be considered a poor responder; and/or a low AMH (<2), and/or high day 2 FSH (>12) and/or a peak estrogen level of <500 at hcg trigger. An advanced maternal aged woman (AMA), woman aged over 40 would automatically be put in that category because the stats are against them.

The term poor response is used to describe the outcome of the stimulation - So when a woman isn't responding to the fsh. Poor responders can and do produce live births though. It takes some tweaking if plans and some meds to help boost the quality of the egg if not the quantity.

Good luck with apptment on Thursday hun. I prob sound like a broken record..haha. but if I were u, I would be asking for all my results- bloods, scans etc.. for ur record and for u to use as a baseline. U want to know if the new plan is doing anything to ur body and u won't know that unless u ask. You dont know how long the road will be, so its important ( for me anyway) to start getting educated..
    Unfortunately from experience, I was happy to be lead by them without questions..but getting answers from my fs was useless and the nurses weren't any better. Luckily I'm in the medical field so didn't need to rely on the fs and nurses to tell me how to interpret the results. That's when I kicked the ' ignorant bliss' method out the window and tweaked my cycles.

Sorry for the ramble again
    Ive known of too many woman who have had multiple failed cycles and still don't know what went wrong. Empower urself with information hun..
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls so how did u tweak your cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @tjuls for that info! Will def make sure I get all my results from the fs. So I was on 337iu of fsh which to me seems like a fairly high dose (in my iui cycles I was on 75) but only three eggs were retrieved. All three fertilised, one 5d embryo transferred with bfn and only one survived to be frozen. I'm 30 but my AMH is 6. Not sure is this makes me a poor responder. Do u think that maybe the fs will be increasing fsh dose?? Guess it will be hard to tell what needs to be tweaked without all the results in front of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SimSam8 how many follies did u get with the iui?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Giraffez, I only ever got 2 follies in the two stimulated cycles I did, but that was with Melb IVF