Closed Thread
Page 88 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Emmy85- I'm currently 8w3days. I was fortunate to get my bfp on my 3rd FET. I'm still here because I want to help the ladies still on their journey to cross the line and offer my support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @smilebabynumberone !

Oh congratulations @tjuls ! That's so nice you're sticking around to support other people on here too. I hope your pregnancy so far has been smooth sailing (and continues to be!). Have you had your first scan yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhhh... I love poas action. Congrats @Emmy85! That looks positively exciting! Have got all fingers and toes crossed for you and sending you lots of sticky baby dust!

I also agree with @tjuls - Primary does well with pcos. Many of us (though I am not classic textbook pcos) got our BFPs but they certainly struggle with low/poor responders.
    @Cantw8ttobmummy, I would suggest that you speak to your GP about the metaformin if you feel it's making you sick. IVF is a journey full of drugs to put it plainly and it's tough to admit but we are really subjecting our bodies to meds and hormonal mess ups in that sense. I guess for many of us, we have decided that our bodies weren't going to cut it on their own and hence the medical intervention needed. Hopefully it's a short term painful period but I would always encourage you to keep the end goal in sight.

Also, always push for answers with the doctors. If something is bothering you, such as dosage, not feeling well, etc, definitely let them know so that they can or might consider changing meds or dosage. It's very important to still have control over your own well being. As much as we all want that BFP, if the meds are going to make you so sick, it's just double whammy and ultimately decreases chances of success and your own motivation. Call them and let them know how your body is reacting and get details. At the very least you will get some reassurances.

Stay positive Hun. It's a tough journey and that's why we are all here for each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helloooooooo @smilebabynumberone, have you had your scan? When are you joining us on the grad thread?
    @jodihon, how are you travelling hun?
    @Montaz. Thinking of you too hun. How are you? How was EPU? Any updates for us? Just wanting to send you the biggest hugs hoping that ohss is staying away for you!
    @hopefulangel1987, you are in my thoughts too. How are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So far so good @Emmy85. Had my 1st scan 2 weeks ago. Everything is good and on track (HB, size) and am waiting for a follow up scan when I'm 10wks.
    There are alot of the graduates on here hun that are sticking around to offer support, so I'm not the only one
    It's a lonely journey when u don't have pple to offer their advice or share their experiences or simply to listen to the rants.. so here we are.. all ears ( or eyes in this case)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls!!!
    Sorry for being away , was really sick after EPU.
    Congrats and a big hug to u @Emmy85 ao happy for u hun!!
    Thanks alot @VickyP i think every single day to update u all but was really down.
    So here is the update i had my EPU on monday. They collected 7 eggs out of which 4 eggs were fertilized and they'll call on monday to inform how many left out of 4. Well i wasnt happy at first with 7 eggs lol but then DH said something is better than nothing .so just waiting for monday with everything crossed lol.
    After EPU it was so hard to even move. I was so sore down there and i kept vomiting but it got over nxt day but the worse part was the bloating..ahhhh i hope i dont go through all this again or anyone else. I took few days off from work but now am feeling quite better infact very much better.
    So from nurses i got a call on tuesday and she said I'll have to wait till my nxt cycle and book an appointment for FS And when i asked her to book me fo it they booked me in for 21st sep and my periods are due on 13. I dont why so late.when i asked her she said bcz ur ivf cycle started on 16 so we cannot book u before 16 and if i want to see FS before 16 then I'll have to pay 120 or something for FS. Anyway i asked her to book me for 21st but i dont know when are they gonna do FET like how many days after i get my periods. Like i have no idea whats gonna happen next. So right now m recovering and waiting for my periods .
    Hope u all r doing fine. Seriously @tjuls i get so much of motivation from this forum and from u all ladies who are graduates and got their bfp with primary. Hope i will get bfp soon and everything goes smoothly for me too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Montaz For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls thanks! I'm trying not to get my hopes up as it has been so long and no good news. I'm unexplained

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffez For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Montaz rest up and recover so u are all ready for the FET!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Giraffez thanks hun. Dont worry its a frustrating journey and we all understand that and i think that is why we r here for each other . To support and cheer up each other. Lots and lots of baby dust to u and to all who are goin thru this journey. Xoxo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Montaz For This Useful Post:

Giraffez  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with primary IVF #4

Hugs @Montaz! 7 eggs is a very decent number hun - think about it this way, when you are trying naturally, it's just 1 per month if everything works as it should so now you have 4 times the chances. Fingers crossed for you that all 4 are little warriors and will make it to blast stage for freezing!

We all felt sore and bloated after EPU. Glad you had a few days off to recover and are feeling better. It took me 2 whole weeks to start getting over ohss. Drink lots of Gatorade and pee lots too! Heat packs are God sends if there's any discomfort.

Yes, you have to wait at least 30 days from first day of stim to book in another appointment. That's a Medicare rule, not Primary. It's the bulk billing regulation that there has to be a month between each cycle and because the FET is considered a new cycle, so unfortunately that's the case. That's why there's a $120 charge if it's before 16 Sep (cannot be bulk billed).

But you are lucky! 21 Sep sounds like you'd just be in time for the FET cycle if my calculations aren't off the mark. The first BT and scan for a FET should be on Day 9 or something like that, followed by Day 13/14 I think. So if your AF comes on 13th, your appointment will fall on Day 9 exactly and maybe they can squeeze you in! I had to wait 2 months in between because they couldn't get me an appointment in time.

The FET happens after you have ovulated. So basically, they scan and do BTs to determine when you will ovulate and then check to see if you have. You might be asked to trigger for ovulation but that depends. After you have ovulated, they count 5 days and ET happens. That's because your embies have grown 5 days in the dish so they will wait 5 days after ovulation to put your bean back in to sync the timing.

So assuming you are usually on time, AF on day 1. BT and scan on day 9 and 14, ovulation on day 14, ET likely on day 19 after your AF arrives.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have questions! Many of us have had the same experience as you, so don't hesitate to ask if you need more info!

Hang in there Hun. 21 Sep is not far! Also, I would suggest you calling sometime next week to see if they can squeeze you in slightly before 21 (say 19/20 Sep), you can always try and check if someone's cancelled their appointment. Let us know how it goes!
    Last edited by VickyP; 03-09-2016 at 12:33.