Closed Thread
Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @OneOfTheseDays is there a difference in quality and effectiveness between the compounded and oripro though? I'll get my friend to check out slade

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Giraffez.. oh dear i thought u were stimming ..and put u down as stimming on the roll call.. haha.. @Cassidy good luck and heaps of baby dust for ur transfer tomorrow hun! What pessaries run on? Personally I don't mind the Oripro but endometrin is my worst nightmare.. @Cantw8ttobmummy - 25 is high but not too high that it would be of concern. Well, I don't think so anyways.. haha.. primary might have other ideas. Just make sure u keep an eye on it hun.. make sure it doesn't creep up. If it does it might be suggestive of insulin resistance. Did u mention u have pcos?
    I only ask because it's quite common in pcos women to have slightly elevated insulin level.
    When will u expect to know ur pap results?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Giraffez  (26-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls I am stimming but low dosage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah ok @Giraffez.. are u doing medicated IUI this cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls yup on low dose gonal-f

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffez For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (26-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tjuls yes i do have pcos only my insulin is slightly high but fasting blood sugar was normal 4.6 im so scared do u think this can b a danger for my ivf treatment?? I will get result this Wednesday for pap smear

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi beautiful ladies!
    How are you all today? Well i had my scan and BT today and got a call from nurse in the evening. After which i was so upset and devastated. Im booked for a EPU on monday morning. Tomorrow is my last day of jabs but m not allowed to take ovidrel (trigger) because of ohss so i have to go and buy the nose puffs kind a thing and will have to take thise puffs tomorrow night . And guess what no ET this month because of ohss. So its just egg collection this month. Im so sad and upset . Who else have gone through this? And what is the procedure for next cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffez View Post
    Thanks @OneOfTheseDays is there a difference in quality and effectiveness between the compounded and oripro though? I'll get my friend to check out slade
    I don't think so @Giraffez, but she could probably just call Slade and speak to a pharmacist - I found them to be pretty helpful

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfTheseDays For This Useful Post:

Giraffez  (26-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about that @Montaz. You are in the same shoes as I was in Feb this year. My ET got cancelled due to ohss too! Big hugs for you hun!

Having been through it, I can say that I was equally upset. To make matters worse, I only got told after EPU. At least they are giving you a different trigger to reduce the ohss symptoms.

Ohss is not fun at all. It was very uncomfortable and I was bloated for 2 weeks. I looked like I was 4 months pregnant when I wasn't! I had so much fluid retention, gained more than 2 kgs in 3 days and almost went to the hospital. Thankfully it subsided before I had to. To have had an ET then would definitely have pushed me over the edge into hospital zone. So on hindsight, I was glad that the ET was cancelled.

After EPU, I had to make an appointment to see the FS and then sign the consent form for FET. It counts as 2 cycles, so the FS appointment comes after 30 days after first day of stim. So if you can, make that appointment ASAP so that you don't miss a cycle inbetween.

I had 2 months off, which eventually allowed me time to heal and prepare my body for bub. I did acupuncture to relieve the ohss bloatedness and I think it really helped. My FET happened in April and now I'm 23 weeks along.

Just want to encourage you - don't despair, it will all work out. The "bonus" is that you are likely to get a good haul of eggs so fingers crossed for a great fertilisation rate. @ABG79 went through the same situation and she's also 18/19 weeks along now. Stay positive hun!

Oh, and to help with ohss, stock up on heat packs, Gatorade (I bought the powdered type to make drinks and drank nothing else for 1 week. Don't drink plain water as it gets retained), some salty food (I took it as a cue to load up on chicken chips and instant noodles. Salt helps the body to re-absorb the fluids and drain it from the body), fruit and yogurt for constipation. Make sure you try to pee as much as you can, even if it's uncomfortable.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, and for FET, it depends on whether its medicated or natural. I was on a natural FET cycle and it's easy peasy - no meds. After AF comes on CD1, you ring them up and I think they asked me to do BTs and scans on CD9 and CD14 to track ovulation and after they confirm you have ovulated naturally, you do an ET to welcome embie home.

It's a freeze all for this cycle, so all the eggs that make it to blast stage at day 5 will get frozen while you recover.

Everything happens for a very good reason Hun, I truly believe that, so treat yourself well and just make sure you recover well for the welcome home party later!