Closed Thread
Page 53 of 107 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you ladies
    I was sleeping and resting the whole day and night yesterday! Was groggy the whole time!
    they have collected 6 eggs and praying and waiting patiently for the results today
    i still feel crampy feels like something is pulling down my whole uterus! Lol

hugs @SimSam8 & @Jazzabelle13 just keep fighting! we are all here to cheer you up!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jodihon For This Useful Post:

SimSam8  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear @SimSam8 and @Jazzabell13 that your cycles didn't go to plan.

oh @hopefulangel1987 I'm gutted that your hcg hasn't doubled sending you big hugs
    @jodihon 6 eggs yay I was sore and crampy for a few days after Egg retrieval I'm hoping for a great fertilisation rate for you

AFM - AF here is full force so today is officially CD 1 of my medicated FET cycle fingers crossed that this time I get to transfer and then get my BFP
    Last edited by Cassidy; 09-08-2016 at 09:24.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cassidy For This Useful Post:

jodihon  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just received the call frm the nurse and we got 4 fertilised eggs or should i call them embryos now? Lol
    We are bery happy with 4! But i got so excited and forgot the nurse about freezing, etc.
    i was scheduled for ET this saturday! they asked me to start crinone from tomorrow.

as I'm not really familiar with this step I don't know what should i ask the nurse!
    is this a fresh transfer? so they will transfer 1 on saturday will they freeze the rest of them? is there a chance that the number of fertilised egg will decrease in the coming days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay to starting your FET @Cassidy! The countdown begins!

That's a great number @jodihon! 4 out of 6 is fabulous. Yes, if your transfer is Sat, you are having a fresh 5 day transfer. The default is to transfer 1 blastocyst (unless for some reason, the consent was for 2, but we know that Primary avoids this unless you are 40 years and above or have had multiple failed IVF cycles) and freeze the rest.

Unfortunately, there is a possibility that the numbers will go down. If all goes well, you will transfer 1 and freeze 3, but it will depend on whether the 3 make it to 5 days. if they don't develop well enough to 5 days, then they are not viable and will not be frozen.

Crinone is pretty simple. Depending on your dose (once or twice daily), you just got to insert the gel up your v-jay-jay morning and/or night. Warning that Crinone builds up inside and tends to leak after a few days, especially if you are on a twice a day dose, so pantyliners are a good idea. Side effects may include slower digestion/indigestion, constipation, bloating (some of the usual pregnancy symptoms), etc, but nothing biggie.

Hope that helps and rest up loads today and the rest of the week to get the oven ready to welcome your bun home!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

jodihon  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @VickyP that's very helpful

I have to relax and stay positive!
    Crinone will be my best bud for the next couple of days i guess! I will be on a twice a day dose 12 hrs apart! I'll bring lots of liners in my bag then yay!

Is it safe to take any medications for nausea or tea for indigestion/bloating just in case?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jodihon, Crinone (and later pessaries which are similar) will be your best buddy for the next 8 weeks or so if all goes well! haha. I hated Crinone / Oripro and was so happy to come off it after the dreadful 8 weeks.

As for meds - I steered clear of meds as much as I can. I adjusted my diet more than take meds. Basically the nurses will tell you to only go for meds safe for pregnancy. If you have to go pick up any meds from the chemist, make sure you tell them you need pregnancy-safe meds (even if you are not pregnant yet). Alot of over the counter meds are not safe, such as those for common cold / flus, and can cause m/cs.

Same with diet - steer clear of herbal teas, etc (i.e. google and find out what's safe and what's not for pregnancy). Basically, you want to set up the body as in a pregnancy situation. I avoided herbal teas, but I think ginger and camomile are quite safe (I didn't have tea as I didn't want to load up on too much caffeine with daily coffee already, I used some pure ginger powder mixed with lemon and honey for a mixture). For constipation and bloating, I take Actilax (which is a natural lactose safe for pregnancy) and Air-X (a seminthicone) but I avoid them and only take them when very desperate. Some foods contribute to bloating like broccoli, so if it gets bad, you can avoid those foods too. Fruit and yogurt help me.

Everyone reacts differently, so I would say don't worry too much about it until the side effects show up.

Some other ladies here might have cool tips to share too.
    Last edited by VickyP; 09-08-2016 at 13:46.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

jodihon  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats a great fert rate @jodihon!

I hope you get your BFP this cycle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

jodihon  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I haven't been in here much lately! Just wanted to say hi to all the new names I don't recognise! Best of luck to you all @tjuls and @Billie2 how are you lovelies doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well heeellooo @onedaymaybebaby. How r u doing? Busy incubating I hope

Afm- I'm doing alright. Catching up with work while waiting for my viability scan nxt Fri.

Haven't popped into the graduates thread yet ( although i will in time). I'm a one- thread girl, so I'm still very much focused on this thread. 😂

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I hear you re the one thread thing! I'm definitely more active in the graduate thread, finding it and to keep up in here....so much happening lol!

Glad you are doing well, I'm so excited for you with your scan coming up! Can't wait to read your update!

AFM-yep incubating nicely...16 weeks now! I 'think' I may be starting to feel this little man move but I'm not convinced yet as I am meant to have an anterior placenta....who knows it may be shifting up as he grows!