Closed Thread
Page 24 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all for the sleeping advice, I managed to get a few hours last night FINALLY ☺️. Didnt end up taking anything as the nurse said it may affect hormones etc.

@Billie2 wow great news on your embies!! Goodluck to you and to @Loz83

AFM - no updates, just had second BT and will wait for results

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefulangel1987 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (19-07-2016),tjuls  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not good I tested high grade CIN2 I'll need a colposcopy and biopsy done.
    I'm assuming I'll have to cancel my 3 appointments on 2 August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Keedy Im sorry to hear this. You're lucky to have this picked up. @tjuls didn't you have similar happen? Ans someone else on here?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Keedy11  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear @Keedy11
    My pap came back with CIN1 ( low grade) last year but the biopsy came back normal.
    I'm afraid the best thing is to sort this out first before continuing on. You might not need to cancel ur apptment yet. Hopefully you should have the results from the biopsy before that apptment so if the biopsy comes back normal, you could still proceed.

This is how I feel about paps- they are very good at picking up abnormal cervical cells BUT that's if its been collected properly because cross contamination with vaginal cells could potentially misclassify it. That's why as of next year, pap smears will become obsolete and the thin prep will replace it. If I were you, I would get ur doc to do a Thin Prep as well as a biopsy.
    The thin prep will pick up HPV DNA if its there. No mucking about.

hun.. I know you're anxious to get started and you've been hit with this hurdle and it sucks BIG time.
    Let's tackle this so you can steam ahead.
    Xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (19-07-2016),Keedy11  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou @tjuls I already rang them and they said to cancel and wait for results.
    After I had my pap smear I rang my mum and told her that it was not done properly. ... tmi coming
    I felt it was not put in far enough
    I'm sure she didn't widen the clamp thing enough and I did not feel the scrape.
    I'm waiting on the gynecologist to call with an appointment then I'll just re book with primary and go from there.
    I do feel like going to a different doctor and getting another pap smear done. Funny they didn't ask me this time if I wanted the thin prep.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Keedy11 For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear you managed to get a few hours of shut eye @hopefulangel1987! Hopefully you feel a little less fatigued now. Good luck for more zzzz's tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    thankyou hun @Mimimoo

@tjuls just wondering how many BT 's you had done before FET? and how many days in advance they know when transfer will be? I have my third BT this Thurs, hoping thats the last one before transfer 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keedy11 - sorry you had an abnormal papsmear result. I had one last cycle (low grade CIN1)... I tested less than 18mths since my last one (which was normal) but I just did it early to avoid missing it if I fell pregnant soon. It was a huge shock and upsetting as I thought it would delay the start of my IVF journey. Luckily I managed to get in to see my gynae for a colposcopy and biopsy and results came back fine within 4 days... A couple of days before my new cycle so I didn't need to delay my start.

If you need a great gynae, let me know. Mine is absolutely fantastic and understood the urgency of getting to the bottom of my abnormal papsmear result! I actually told my husband he should change careers... I was with my gynae for 20mins and walked out paying $500. Then received a bill from pathology for the thin prep and biospy... Another $200. Not complaining because it was well worth it for peace of mind but boy, if it was an error in collection - it sure turned out to be an expensive way to redo it!

Hope you find out what's going on soon. Stay positive and as @tjuls mentioned, it's best to have this all squared away before you start because if you needed intervention and were pregnant, you would need to wait until after birth to do it. Sending you hugs x
    Last edited by Mimimoo; 19-07-2016 at 20:32.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mimimoo For This Useful Post:

Keedy11  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Mimimoo hopefully the gynecologist calls tomorrow with an appointment. I was thinking about getting the thin prep done asap but either way they've come up with high grade from somewhere. So I'll just see what happens with the biopsy. Not sure if high grade can be too wrong but only time will tell. I still think the nurse didn't do the pap smear correctly but then again the results would've been inconclusive and to re do it, I assume. Hearing your story makes me feel much better. Thankyou

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Keedy11 For This Useful Post:

Mimimoo  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope u hear back from gynae @Keedy11.
    If u feel it wasn't done properly then in most cases it wasnt. But I just hope u get the answers and soon so you can have peace of mind.
    @Hoprfulangel1987- how did ur bT and Scan go today? Any closer to ET?
    Hope u get a decent night's sleep tonight.
    Xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

Keedy11  (19-07-2016)