Closed Thread
Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1061
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cassidy thanks darling for the info!!!
    Good luck with ur FET 😚😚😚
    She asked me to yse crinone. Hope it works!! The medications ur FS put on have any side effects???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Montaz,

Well, that's not exactly accurate - you will get at least 2 BTs before your FET happens. If you read back on this thread, you will probably find very useful information about FETs and what happens in FET cycles - I remember posting about it more than once.

Basically, FETs are like the short version of a full stim cycle. You already have embies ready for transfer, so what the clinic does is they monitor your readiness to have the embie put back into your uterus and then hope for implantation. For this to happen, you have to (1) had ovulated (if it was a fresh cycle, your eggs would have been picked up and taken out and then the fertilised blast put back in, so it works the same, no more embies but uterus is primed). That's also probably the reason why they put you on a medicated cycle - it controls your internal environment better and allows them to better predict I guess (2) your lining is at a good level for implantation.

So what happens is:
    1) check with nurses about your medication.
    2) if nurses haven't given you blood test referral forms, call them on the first day you get your full bleed next AF. They should then issue you the referral forms.
    3) First blood test should be about Day 10 of your cycle, the nurse can confirm this with you. If it falls over the weekend, they will advise you (think Laverty at the Primary IVF clinic in the city is open on weekends). They should also ask you to do a scan to see how your follies are doing and whether you are going to ovulate soon.
    4) After the first blood test, the nurse will call you and tell you when to have the second blood test and scan. This is usually Day 14 of the cycle. Again, they look for indications of ovulation and the scan will also show how thick your lining is. They will then tell you when you transfer will be - usually it is 5 days after you have ovulated.
    5) Depending on the results from the second BT and scan, they might ask you to go back for a third, but so far, I think we all get 2 scans on average.
    6) The nurse will then text you to tell you when the transfer will be and how to prepare for it, and also inform you when to start Crinone. Usually it is the day or 2 days before the transfer.

I can't tell you about side effects of the meds, but Crinone typically causes "pregnancy symptoms" like constipation, lethargy, tiredness, bloating and gas. Nothing major though. Some people might have discomfort / allergy to it but that's rare. Just feels "pregnant" so it's annoying but nothing to be really worried about I think.

Hope this helps ease your anxiety hun. If you know you will get anxious the best thing to do is to arm yourself with knowledge and if you have time, read these Primary IVF threads - they are full of useful information that will help you along.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with primary IVF #4

hi @Montaz @VickyP is pretty spot on with the information
    @Cassidy goodluck for transfer on Monday x
    Last edited by hopefulangel1987; 22-09-2016 at 13:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When's your second beta @hopefulangel1987? Can't wait for you to hop threads hun. LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP I had one yesterday hun and got the result today its 1703.. Lol well technically i wont be a Primary Graduate

Honestly I wont let myself feel any type of happiness, I dont want to get my hopes up again- its a never ending stressfest for me. My GP even told me to "calm down" and to stop being so anxious lol I was just thinking is there a pill for that? haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VickyP thanks darl!!! Thats a hell kind of infoo lol... honestly i really appreciate that u took out time to type in all the details.
    I am following this thread from last 6 months and read everything which u ladies share..believe me i knew the process and wats next as per to everyone who put the info here but i was wondering why cant i get the exact information from dr.
    But now i know i can only ask or get any information from nurses or else come on this thread and ask u ladies lol .
    Thanks once again @VickyP 😘😘😘 .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Montaz
    . I can understand ur frustration hun. I had DrG and the countless times I felt like I could slap her for not providing enough information or details about the process or the plan.
    You sound very much like me..
    So my advice to you is, you can keep trying to squeeze information out of her at each apptment ( it's futile but you can only try), if she continues to be zip-lipped, take it for what it is and come on here and let us know what you've been put on. We can give u the details on why u would be put on certain meds etc.
    I find some nurses are more willing to give information but they won't give u the details eg, why you've been prescribed certain drugs etc. The most important time to gear up for a battle with DrG is when u have to go back to her to devise a plan for another fresh stim. She isn't all for changing things up and I find her knowledge of certain plans esp using estrogen priming, very limited.
    So save ur energy for those big battles hun ( but hopefully u won't need to).

If she thinks ur cycle is irregular, I suspect she could be getting u onto clomid. But that's if she's allowing u to ovulate on ur own.
    @Cassidy.. all the very best for your transfer on Monday hun. I'm hoping this one is THE one.. xxx
    @hopefulangel1987- embrace the pregnancy hun.. it's a miracle! And u have a strong beta so it looks like this one is a sticky icky one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tjuls For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh come on over @hopefulangel1987! You are part of the family and you will be the poster girl saying "Miracles can happen"! we are all eagerly waiting.

And I agree with @tjuls - embrace it. Your beta is looking great. I know it's hard to be happy about it - I was in the same place as you hun. Absolutely understand that feeling. But try to stay positive - we will be here for you. When's your scan?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

hopefulangel1987  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cassidy why did they put u on progenova? Is it cos u needed more estrogen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou beautiful ladies
    @VickyP haha sounds good
    hmmm scan? I havnt got that far in my mind lol when can I go??