Closed Thread
Page 10 of 107 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing @Cassidy! Hope you are feeling better now. Must be good to know you have the transfer date booked too. Hopefully it's all done and dusted quickly and won't impact your work too much, although I'm sure your boss understands (it's good that you can tell them why you need the time off too).

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    I've been so sick over the past 5 days with the flu and a 24 hour stomach bug so much convo to catch up on here!

@clucky14 those lines are amaze balls your beta will be great

@Billie2 & @minimoo saw you had your scans today

afm i had my scan for my FET and I'm booked in next Monday only bad thing is I have night shift for 3 weeks starting the next day. I did warn my boss that it may be around the time of my transfer but I still feel bad asking for time off especially as I'm in charge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @Cassidy I feel ya hun... I'm still recovering from my 'cold'.. it feels more like some sort of virus that's going around.. I hope u recover waay before ur ET.. ur body needs all the energy it can muster to nurture that embie when it comes home
    Congratulations @clucky14. You are definitely UTD.. wishing u a happy healthy 9 mnths

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 & @Mimimoo wishing you the best of luck for EPU !!

@clucky14 yay offical congrats on your BFP

@tjuls are you feeling better?? When do you think your FET will be?

@applefromspace do you mean will it intefere with your all your appointments?

@Cassidy sounds like you work in a hosp? Sounds very familiar as I work in one too. Atleast your boss knows, should take some stress off you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by applefromspace View Post
    Hi ladies! I have a question/ concern. I don't know if the question pertains to the conversation. I'm super sorry if it's totally out of place!

When undergoing IVF, is travel possible? I have a friend back in the States who did IVF, mention depending on your situation it may be possible... But not to risk it even after. See I begin IVF treatment in August. But my best friend is getting married at the end of October back in the US. She is aware of me seeing a fertility clinic and doing treatment. But I haven't completely explained the ins and outs of what it encompasses.

I'm really nervous about the possibility of not going to her wedding. On top of my excitement and nervousness about starting IVF.
    Hi @applefromspace,

If you are going through IVF in Aug, I don't see why you won't be able to travel in Oct. Obviously, during the actual cycle itself, it is unwise to travel because there will be plenty of appointments to do BTs / scans, then EPU, ET, etc. Many procedures and it's pretty intense for about 2-3 weeks. Then it's a TWW to see if you get a BFP.

If you get a BFP, it's like any other pregnancy. I don't think there's a strict "don't travel in first trimester" precautionary advice, think in fact most OB will say it's fine, but due to my own experience, I would avoid it (I had a mmc while travelling and found out when I got back, but it was a mmc so it probably had nothing to do with the travel, but I am a bit paranoid). Most drs will say it's best to travel in the second trimester.

If it's a BFN, then it's about when you want to go through another cycle, if that's on the card.

So basically, if you get preggers from the IVF cycle (oh yay!), then it just like any other pregnancy, provided you are not on additional pregnancy support protocols (obviously, I don't know enough to comment), but travelling during the first trimester can be quite tiring, since it is basically a very tiring period (feel sick a lot, tired, fatigued easily, etc, all the typical pregnancy symptoms).

Not sure if I had helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you gals feel better soon @Cassidy and @tjuls - the bugs these days are so scary, they are quite difficult to get over and I am trying my best not to fall ill despite plenty of germs around me! Take care!

Can't wait for EPU "action" for you ladies @Billie2 and @Mimimoo!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VickyP For This Useful Post:

tjuls  (11-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies @hopefulangel1987 & @VickyP 3 injections down, trigger in 45mins..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

OneOfTheseDays  (11-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news @clucky14... Maybe identical twins 😉
    @applefromspace - I agree with @VickyP but can I add that you may want to look into travel insurance for IVF pregnancies. If you're pregnant when you travel in Oct, you'll still be early on so I'm pretty sure you'll be covered but just in case, it might be good to double check.

Hope you're doing better @Cassidy and @tjuls. Stay warm and well rested. When is your FET @tjuls?

I've had huge headaches and was feeling quite fatigued the last few days... was just putting it down to stimming but now I'm congested. Go away damn cold/flu - I'm trying to grow some eggs here!! My next scan is Wednesday morning so I'll have more news then @VickyP 😊. I'm still quite excited - just want things to move even faster now lol. Will you have another scan @Billie2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha no twins
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimimoo View Post
    Awesome news @clucky14... Maybe identical twins ������
    @applefromspace - I agree with @VickyP but can I add that you may want to look into travel insurance for IVF pregnancies. If you're pregnant when you travel in Oct, you'll still be early on so I'm pretty sure you'll be covered but just in case, it might be good to double check.

Hope you're doing better @Cassidy and @tjuls. Stay warm and well rested. When is your FET @tjuls?

I've had huge headaches and was feeling quite fatigued the last few days... was just putting it down to stimming but now I'm congested. Go away damn cold/flu - I'm trying to grow some eggs here!! My next scan is Wednesday morning so I'll have more news then @VickyP ������. I'm still quite excited - just want things to move even faster now lol. Will you have another scan @Billie2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay to trigger @Billie2

12. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky14 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (11-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefulangel1987. I'm having my first monitoring BT this Fri but im anticipating ET will be on sat 23rd July. When do u think urs will be?

Hope ur EPU is soon @Mimimoo.. might be Fri maybe?