Twiglets big hugs.
@Twiglets sorry to hear that. I hated those calls too. I remember thinking after my first BFN that It would be less painful if they sent someone around to punch me in the face. There is no easy way to get this kind of news.
Morning everyone happy Saturday.
Had a conversation with both Dr M and the Dr in Hawaii. Both feel my lining wasn't good enough and next time I'll be on more medications and probably a patch. Now would of been nice if they did this last time. It's so damn frustrating it's like you have to go thru several times before they'll go oh yeah we should give you more medication! Why not do it right from the start!!!!
Anyway what are your thoughts on going again next month so have had my period now then have another one and start meds or waiting till September? Do you think there is any benefit in waiting another 3 cycles or just do it and get it done?
@Lastchance75 it looks for mutations in genes for a bunch of common diseases amongst the aust population so if you are a carrier (but don't have the disease) you can be aware of that - we could potentially get both DH and the donor checked but Im not sure if its overkill given that the donor doesnt have any family history of any such diseases and neither does DH. Plus we've already been checked for CF and are both negative. Genea don't actually offer the test anymore which makes me think that enough people weren't taking it up, in which case is it just overkill.
do you know what your lining measurement was? Its pretty frustrating that they didn't see this on the last bfn. I don't see why you need to wait, what did they suggest? I think do what feels doable - if its going to be a stretch doing it in another month then wait til september and join the over 40s BFFFFFFFFFP bunch of us!! hey @Blossom74!
Hmmm I think maybe don't bother getting the testing then.
Before I went it was 8.5 but when I got there it was only 7 but they said the progesterone changes the lining. The dr said my estradiol was low too. Helpful! I kind of just want to get it over with cos I'm not getting any younger. I'll be 42 in October.
@Lastchance75 - That's so frustrating hun that they are saying that now after your cycle. I know ideally they like the lining to be around 9mm+ but if yours was at 8.5 before progesterone that is pretty close. Its good that they have a focus for next cycle though and I am presuming they wont let you transfer until lining is within a range, definitely ask ahead of time what that range is so you know. I have difficulty with my lining especially in an FET cycle it tends to be better on a stimulated cycle. Wazza has used viagra with me in the past alongside the estrogen meds and patches. He did mention at our wtf appointment last week that he has read lots of studies recently that say the lining is actually acceptable a much lower thickness of around 7mm. If you feel ready to go asap then I say go for it but if you need time out then it wont hurt to wait until September.
@lastchance how frustrating, they are telling you all this now!
I know the feeling after a failed cycle that you want to go again straight away to heel the heart.
My two cents (and that's all it is) is to take a little bit of time to calm the mind and get in a good place physically and mentally.
@Lastchance75 don't worry about turning 42!!! I did it and Im still sane..just..
Hopefully all their findings will make all the difference..bit bloody annoying to hear that stuff now tho!!
Yeah I think we will pass on the testing, my donor has said she doesn't see the need either.
@Heyside thats interesting about Wazza's lining comment, that was what i always had been told and mine doesn't usually get hugely high either 7ish- so many differing opinions in this game isn't there.
good advice @MissDa x
@Tinachris good luck for your day 3 results today!! fingers and toes are firmly crossed for lovely embies
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!