Closed Thread
Page 54 of 104 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol you guys have all made me smile!! Thanks!! @Blossom74 if it doesn't rain it pours, sucks big time, I hope you can figure something out X

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (19-07-2016),tuxcat  (19-07-2016),winsor  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @gorgeousgeorge , I'm laughing as my husband although a yachtsman who spends much time in the elements was always chasing the shade in Greece ! Even walking down the street was sweating & so red faced. I can handle the heat pretty well -definitely the Mediterranean genes coming out ! my Italian Gpa was over 6ft tall blonde haired blue eyed so in terms of donor I didn't care as we even have red hair in our Italian genes .

History teacher , impressive . Your students must love you , what a great sense of humour you have .

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (19-07-2016),Rhino  (20-07-2016),winsor  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 im sorry about your car :-( that is just polly wally crappy, im racking my brains trying to think of alternate solutions which im sure you have already thought of and dismissed. I am very glad all your kitty cats are ok.
    Perhaps we should all go in on a lotto sydicate? Thats the best thing ive been able to come up with. It sux how the ivf stress and financial strain, makes ****ty things that you'd normally be able to handle, snowball into anxiety, hey. So you get to a stage like, my car's broken down so now I dont get a baby. IVF has made me like that too.
    Maybe you could go to a car dealer or mechanic and start crying and go on about infertility, your lady bits, cycles and menstruation etc... They might just give you a car to make you go away coz men tend to freak out when women do that. (Im being tounge in cheek and trying to cheer you up, but i know its not funny honestly. xox)
    I learnt this about men when i had to tell my deputy principal that i needed a day off with very little notice and i was trying to explain the lack of notice was due to it being based on my cycles which was unpredictable etc.. He literally covered his eyes with his hands, made a waving away motion and said, "just take whatever days you need, whenever you need them, you dont need to tell me why" (in a nice way). Poor guy. Now he looks fearfull everytime i go in there to talk to him.
    Is the car insured? I will come and set fire to it for you.
    Maybe its fixable? Carpooling? Bicycle? Cat-sled? Aaargh! We dont need this ****. Enough already.
    (If ive been insensitive, honestly, please let me know. I have a tendency to try and joke to cheer people up but sometimes its in poor taste and i need to be told)
    I genuinely DO care and it does SUCK xox

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),Rhino  (20-07-2016),winsor  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge your posts crack me up!!!!!
    You are right though, when DP says "what's wrong with you" and I say "aargh my uterus is shedding" he makes a very quick exit!!!

It's always good to know someone who will come and set fire to your car if needed!!!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (19-07-2016),Rhino  (20-07-2016),Tinachris  (20-07-2016),winsor  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 doesnt life suck sometimes. I know your upcoming cycle will work.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),Tinachris  (20-07-2016),winsor  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lucky8 yeah my maltese nanna has blonde hair blue eyes and pale skin. What a lovely thing to say about me and my school kiddies. Im so lucky to have them in my life and watch them grow up. They come in, little 12 year old teeny tiny little things and leave all grown up adults. I think its a beautiful thing that parents who ive often never even met, give me their most precious treasures for six hours a day. Truly, its an honour share in their lives. :-) Sometimes i think if i never have my own child, ive been lucky to have something similar in terms of having very meaningful and worthwhile relationship with thousands of kids throughout my life. Although, if i was to post after taking a year 8 maths class, last period on a friday, id likely post something very different.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),Rhino  (20-07-2016),Tinachris  (20-07-2016),winsor  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Blossom74 im sorry about your car :-( that is just polly wally crappy, im racking my brains trying to think of alternate solutions which im sure you have already thought of and dismissed. I am very glad all your kitty cats are ok.
    Perhaps we should all go in on a lotto sydicate? Thats the best thing ive been able to come up with. It sux how the ivf stress and financial strain, makes ****ty things that you'd normally be able to handle, snowball into anxiety, hey. So you get to a stage like, my car's broken down so now I dont get a baby. IVF has made me like that too.
    Maybe you could go to a car dealer or mechanic and start crying and go on about infertility, your lady bits, cycles and menstruation etc... They might just give you a car to make you go away coz men tend to freak out when women do that. (Im being tounge in cheek and trying to cheer you up, but i know its not funny honestly. xox)
    I learnt this about men when i had to tell my deputy principal that i needed a day off with very little notice and i was trying to explain the lack of notice was due to it being based on my cycles which was unpredictable etc.. He literally covered his eyes with his hands, made a waving away motion and said, "just take whatever days you need, whenever you need them, you dont need to tell me why" (in a nice way). Poor guy. Now he looks fearfull everytime i go in there to talk to him.
    Is the car insured? I will come and set fire to it for you.
    Maybe its fixable? Carpooling? Bicycle? Cat-sled? Aaargh! We dont need this ****. Enough already.
    (If ive been insensitive, honestly, please let me know. I have a tendency to try and joke to cheer people up but sometimes its in poor taste and i need to be told)
    I genuinely DO care and it does SUCK xox

I got a visual in my head of your Principal when I was reading your post Luv and I could see the whole scene in his office playing out

P.S...My Papa is Italian and sadly I am one of those said "spend 3 minutes in sun "I'm getting sunburnt, we have to move into the shade" people as I happened to take after my Mum's British side and ended up with fair skin instead of my Papa's Mediterranean olive skin that tans!!!

Yep...still sh!ts me after all of these years!!!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (20-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (19-07-2016),Tinachris  (20-07-2016),winsor  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tinachris I'm really sorry you got a BFN, it sucks. I always feel concentrating on my next move eases the pain xx
    @Heyside congrats on your lining, it's always a good feeling when the cycle gets off to a good start!
    @Billie2 congrats on being PUPO!! I hope the 2ww goes quickly.
    @Lucky8 fingers crossed for your test results! I haven't posted on the Greek thread yet but heading there myself in Sep/Oct so I have read all the old posts!

I also decided on Greece as I have olive skin, brown eyes and hair and in fact when I visited Greece and Spain previously they always assume I'm local and start conversing with me! Very embarrassing at times. We definitely have some Mediterranean blood in the family just not sure where it came from! I spoke to Dr Nikos on the phone so he hadn't seen me and he asked if I wanted a blonde blue eyed Danish male donor.....I said ermm no...he said but your Irish!!! I think he thought I was a little cray cray, but I told him wait and see my pics!! I also loved the Greek people I met and the SA donors just didn't seem to fit my own profile. I think it's a gut instinct as to what's right for you once you start researching

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (20-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),Rhino  (20-07-2016),Tinachris  (20-07-2016),winsor  (19-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Blossom74 sorry to hear about your DH's car. could you/he get an advance from work or ask if you/he could do more hours to raise some more $. or start selling some of your yummy cakes at local fetes on the weekends. it sounds like you're having a bad run of things - I hope this is the end of it so the reward is coming soon with your next cycle

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),Rhino  (20-07-2016),Tinachris  (20-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradders View Post
    @Tinachris I'm really sorry you got a BFN, it sucks. I always feel concentrating on my next move eases the pain xx
    @Heyside congrats on your lining, it's always a good feeling when the cycle gets off to a good start!
    @Billie2 congrats on being PUPO!! I hope the 2ww goes quickly.
    @Lucky8 fingers crossed for your test results! I haven't posted on the Greek thread yet but heading there myself in Sep/Oct so I have read all the old posts!

I also decided on Greece as I have olive skin, brown eyes and hair and in fact when I visited Greece and Spain previously they always assume I'm local and start conversing with me! Very embarrassing at times. We definitely have some Mediterranean blood in the family just not sure where it came from! I spoke to Dr Nikos on the phone so he hadn't seen me and he asked if I wanted a blonde blue eyed Danish male donor.....I said ermm no...he said but your Irish!!! I think he thought I was a little cray cray, but I told him wait and see my pics!! I also loved the Greek people I met and the SA donors just didn't seem to fit my own profile. I think it's a gut instinct as to what's right for you once you start researching 😊
    @Bradders yes i know what you mean about getting that 'feel'. And like you, ive never met a greek person who i didn't like, or have me in stitches laughing 5 seconds after I starting to talk to them. I keep thinking about having a little Con the Fruiterer baby or little Effie and Jimacco Acropolis Now twins. Lol. Oh and with the choice of Athens, DH had just said he had no probs having a baby with me using someone else's eggs but he wasnt going to go to south africa (he doesnt get out much n thinks we would be murdered on the tarmac or eaten by tigers) I was gonna tell him that Cape Town is not like Johannesburg and there are no tigers on the African continent but i decided not to rock the boat coz i wanted to go to greece anyway.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-07-2016),Blossom74  (20-07-2016),Monty73  (20-07-2016),Rhino  (20-07-2016),Tinachris  (20-07-2016),winsor  (20-07-2016)