Closed Thread
Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley congratulations on the birth of baby Alex. Hope you're doing ok after all you have been through.

AFM, I had my call with Dr Nik in Athens last night re DE and I was really pleased with how it went. I expect to head over end Sep/start Oct! I couldn't sleep due to nervous excitement after the call as so much going through my mind! He told me I shouldn't worry about PGS and should save my money ($3000 approx I think) as its really not needed as both donor egg and sperm with proven young donors and live babies. He said I can go ahead with it if I wanted to so I'll think about it. He also suggested intralipids as I explained I had one blood test that came back high for autoantibodies, although endo biopsies and other bloods were all normal. I only ever had steroids and clexane so happy to have the intralipids in the mix for my DE cycle. He was really lovely. So I'm feeling very hopeful for now. The nerves will kick in nearer the time no doubt.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (17-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Precious40  (19-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bradders, thats when im going too! All that stuff is exactly what he told me too. He is lovely. I was also so excited. Feels like a second chance, hey. He also suggested intralipids for me too which ive never had before. My mains probs are poor egg quality/stage 4 endo. Sounds like you're in the same boat? Not trying yo be nosy, just that there is always some comfort in finding someone like you, iykwim :-) Maybe I'll see you in the waiting room. I think there's 3 or 4 of us going same time. Might be nice to catch up? Ive thought about it but dont know if I'll be a blubbering mess, want to be all clingy to hubby and share the journey just him and me or want to share with everyone i see. Might just see how i feel but it would be interestingvto actually meet real people like me :-) im happy you are excited. Exactly 10 weeks until i go. Wishing you all the best.xox

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Precious40  (19-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I just read this and fruck me if I almost nearly fell off my chair afterwards Girls!!!

For once, an article that's actually (for the most part) accurate (I'm disputing the 8% figure it quotes for the 40 year age group) Wonders will never frucking cease!!

Have a squizz and tell me what you think. It's a bit depressing as these articles invariably are but it does explain it well I think:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/medi...id=mailsignout

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Caesardust  (17-07-2016),Corbes  (18-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (17-07-2016),Monty73  (17-07-2016),Precious40  (19-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas yes, very nice to read something realistic. I wish the drs had have pointed this out to me when starting ivf. I thought 20% chance, so after 5 embryos are transferred then, 20%x5= a baby. So not true. I guess they dont want to scare you or make you worry needlessly in case it works quickly but it would have been nice to know after my second failed cycle to start thinking like the article says.
    Lol, by the way... you're very humble regarding your 'famousness' on bubhub and claim that you are not famous ;-) but i once spent a whole day trying to figure out what the acronym BIB stood for in terms of fertility terminology. Its you, isnt it? So im considering contacting bubhub admin and telling them to add this BIB to their list of TTC Terminology, baahaahaa! So, you are the only person on here, i know of, who has their own anacronym, therefore you are famous. P.s. im not crazy like single white female -in love with you- crazy, im just your normal- garden variety- ivf has made me crazy- crazy. ;-) And you taught me how to swear without swearing on bubhub too. FRUCKING- i love it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Monty73  (17-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Bradders, thats when im going too! All that stuff is exactly what he told me too. BHe is lovely. I was also so excited. Feels like a second chance, hey. He also suggested intralipids for me too which ive never had before. My mains probs are poor egg quality/stage 4 endo. Sounds like you're in the same boat? Not trying yo be nosy, just that there is always some comfort in finding someone like you, iykwim :-) Maybe I'll see you in the waiting room. I think there's 3 or 4 of us going same time. Might be nice to catch up? Ive thought about it but dont know if I'll be a blubbering mess, want to be all clingy to hubby and share the journey just him and me or want to share with everyone i see. Might just see how i feel but it would be interestingvto actually meet real people like me :-) im happy you are excited. Exactly 10 weeks until i go. Wishing you all the best.xox
    @gorgeousgeorge thanks. Yes I do feel like it's a second chance with renewed hope. Yes I think we are similar..I had slight endo and adhesions which were removed as part of a hysteroscopy and 43yr old ovaries! I've had 5 stim cycles with very good fertilisation rates and two FETs, 14 embryos transferred in total but all BFNs. I only done one blast transfer, the rest were day 3 and 4. My Dr wanted me to keep going but I felt like I was never going to get there with my own eggs. Time to move on.
    Im sure I will be there exactly the same time as you and if we are both doing intralipids I think we will definitely cross paths. But I know what you mean in terms of seeing how you'll feel at the time. My mum is coming with me so we'll have a holiday while we're there. I love Greece and have been many times to the islands so looking forward to going back. The weeks will fly by and we'll soon be there. Dr N told me he had two positive results yesterday for Australia, one from Adelaide and one from Brisbane. Hopefully we get to join the happy statistics in a couple of months!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Caesardust  (18-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (17-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I just read this and fruck me if I almost nearly fell off my chair afterwards Girls!!!

For once, an article that's actually (for the most part) accurate (I'm disputing the 8% figure it quotes for the 40 year age group) Wonders will never frucking cease!!

Have a squizz and tell me what you think. It's a bit depressing as these articles invariably are but it does explain it well I think:

Thanks BIB it is depressing, but definitely honest and quite accurate from my perspective. I was given a 20% chance at my initial appointment, maybe he over egged it (haha pardon the pun!!) as I never tried naturally....so had the same calculation in my mind when I started out @gorgeousgeorge i.e. 5 cycles at worst and bingo! Feels so naive now!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @gorgeousgeorge Yes BIB is me😊

Yep...IVF makes us all bloody cray-cray Luv!!! I must say...I am rather pleased at my ability to get around the "BH Profanity Sensors" 😁😁😁

You're more than welcome to my smorgasboard of swear words Luv. Glad I could be of service!!! 😉😁👍

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Maxwellsmum hi, i know we havent spoken personally before but i wanted to say that i am very sorry about the difficult (understatement) DE journey you have had. I dont realky know what to say but i can identify with you when you said about thinking DE was a solution. Im glad that you posted about your feelings about struggling with DE because it helped to give me a reality check and have a more realistic approach. I just really feel for you and i wanted you to know that i care xox Im also interested about hearing about ECM81's surrogacy info as it seems like a good idea to have as many plan b's as you can. I just wish that i could make it happen for you. Im rambling now but... big hugs and best wishes. xox

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think when we started we were given 6-5% chance. but that resets each time so each attempt is that or less as time goes on + each embryo is that %. it's not cumulative as I understand it. (even though I wish it was)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post

I think that article is fairly accurate @BIB. Certainly relatively impartial.

For me, I also think the 8% is pretty accurate too. I was given odds of 5-10% success when I started. Obviously if you use donor eggs that would be much higher than own eggs though.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-07-2016),winsor  (18-07-2016)